URGENT!!! With in a hour cocos private area has dubbed in size :(

Cocosmammy123

Apr 11, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Coco
Can any one help coco is 8 month and she's fine apart from in the last cupple of hours her doggie Virginia has got big ?? Any advise please ??

OP
Cocosmammy123

Cocosmammy123

Apr 11, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Coco
A don't no av never had a bitch before how do I no ??

linwhite

Sep 24, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Guido Zamboni - EB, Zoltan - Shortybull, Zeva - Frenchie
At 8 months it's a good bet she's started her heat. She should start spotting if she is. Her nipples should get larger too.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
OP
Cocosmammy123

Cocosmammy123

Apr 11, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Coco
Thanks hunny. Yes that's what they have gone like. Maybe it's Is cause she's maybe going to break down. :( my baby is no longer a baby. How long did u have to wait b4 the blood came

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
It was about a week/10 days I believe. It was gradual. How much does she weigh right now? Reason I ask is that you’re going to need to go get her some doggie diapers. You can get these at Wal-Mart and/or just about any pet store like Petsmart or Petco. Get the large size though. I then just bought a package of menstrual liners from Wal-Mart (get the non-butterfly kind) and went through about a package and a half. I got the thin ones. Get them now you don't want to be caught without them when she starts her heat.

She’ll probably start spotting first, you’ll know when that happens and then her flow will pickup. Emma’s last for 18 wonderful days.

Be sure to keep her away from any males – you don’t want a mishap!!!!

pPETS-6605264r200.jpg

Mack-N-MatildasMommy

Bulldog Spoiler
Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Moore, OK
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda A.K.A Sassy Pants & Mighty Mack A.K.A. Fat Peanut
It is the beginning of her heat. Matilda's first heat was at 8 months

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Yap, sounds like she is in heat, so about a month or two after her heat cycle would be a good time to get her spayed. Much healthier for her and a lot less work on your part, and no chance of her having an unexpected pregnancy.

loveabully

Community Veteran
Jul 20, 2012
california
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Franklin AKA Frank the Tank
:butterfly: yep she is in heat it last about a month after the bleeding she will have clear liquid an its about the last week an a half that she is really going to want to mate the first 3 weeks she could care less after that she starts to cock her tail an that's when you have to keep the males away unless you want to breed but it's not good to breed the first heat you want to get pads an a diaper like jeannieCo said its a life saver well if she has a tail that's how you can tell I have a female Staffordshire bull terrier she is 3 an not fixed oh an she will get cramps an not feel to good so just give her some extra love if you need anything just ask or pm me I've been doing this forever so if you need any help I'm here oh an when you change her pad please wipe her parts so it doesn't get all nasty like the sides an stuff sorry to be gross but it needs to be done good luck

OP
Cocosmammy123

Cocosmammy123

Apr 11, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Coco
Thanks guys ur all brill !!!! She's sleepy a lot more and eating a bit more too. Also she's peeing on things in the house do I think all these are warnings lol av took a cupple of pics a hope a don't get in Trubble. Lol. She weighs about 20kg x ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350459456.567031.jpg

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Yap, sounds like she is in heat, so about a month or two after her heat cycle would be a good time to get her spayed. Much healthier for her and a lot less work on your part, and no chance of her having an unexpected pregnancy.

Absolutely. So very many benefits to spaying that go far beyond avoiding pregnancy alone.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
yea shes prolly in heat. i used washable doggy diapers from petco and then used her harness (the down the back ones) to keep them on as they tend to slide off with no tail. it will last bout 3 weeks. you will have to watch for other dogs as she will try to entice them also as well as them coming to her. yes get them fixed as i just went through an emergency spay with sarah when her uterus got infected real bad. she is 5 now.

OP
Cocosmammy123

Cocosmammy123

Apr 11, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Coco
She's started bleeding its more like a brown colour discharge is that normal ?? ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350490784.266573.jpg

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.