Help Needed! Lots of puppy poop

mdn525

Aug 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Petunia aka "Tuni"
I'm feeding her Orijen puppy which is grain free. When I feed her she doesn't eat her food straight away that's why I leave it out for her. Il try schedule maybe 4 times a day and see how she goes thanks for your help

Have you tried warming it with a little water? Also, sometimes when my Tuni won't eat, I'll hand feed her.

dalmatina38

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Prieste
Community Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Sierra Vista Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Amber and Ruby
I feed Amber twice a day; I never have to worry about her not eating, she eats as soon as I put her bowl down on the floor. I don't free feed her; she is my first EBD but I did the same with my Great Danes, they got fed twice a day and all of them have lived a long healthy life. what I have noticed with Amber is when she goes through a growth spurt it may look like she is thinning out but if I feed her anymore than the 2-3 cups daily she gets lose stools, so I keep her on the same amount and she normalizes. Good luck.

Corlando465

Feb 16, 2012
Lexington, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
There are not many bulldogs that can be free feed. This breed seems to be always hungry and I think most of them would eat til that popped! I know mine would ;) That much pooping means she is getting more food than she needs, so her body will just take in the calories and expel the rest. She should go normally no more than 3-4 times a day. When my pup was that age, I did 1/3 cup 3 times a day. At 4 months - 1/2 cup 3 times: 6 mos 3/4 twice a day. Now at 10 months and 50lbs he get 1 cup twice a day. His food is Fromms Grain-free. Also remember high quality foods meet their nutritional needs and they don't need as much. Also take lots and lots of pictures 'cause these babies grow up fast! :)

Last edited:

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I have 2 puppies, 8 months old, and when I 1st got them from the breeder, they were eating 1/3 of a cup 3times a day,and I kept them on that schedule until they were 7 months old. They ate at 8 am, 2 pm, and 8 pm. They now eat 1/2 a cup a day 2 times a day, they eat at 7 or 8 am, and then at 7 pm. In the morning they get a Tbsp of wet food mixed in with their kibble. They are both on Fromms Puppy Gold, and I mix it with Fromms pâté. I will keep them on the puppy formula until they are a year old, then switch to Fromms Beef Fritata. I also give them plain unsweetened yogurt twice a week, with cut up apples, sometimes they get cottage cheese, or cheese as a treat, and I was giving them baby carrots, but they see to come back out as baby carrots, so have stopped lol. I also give them the wellness soft treats, when I'm training them.

OP
M

Mazza81

Sep 14, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Chuncho
Hey guys just a quick update I have her on 1/3 cup 3 times a day now and only 3 poops a day and their hard yay! Lol thanks for everyone's help really appreciate it! I'm sure il have more questions in the future :D

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Glad it's starting to work out!!

If I were to free-feed mine I'd have to roll them around like little barrels!!!! :ROFL:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.