Help Needed! Lots of puppy poop

Mazza81

Sep 14, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Chuncho
Hey everyone I have recently purchased my bulky puppy she's so cute! I've had her for 5 days and she's doing we'll. the breeder had her on royal canin and I'm slowly changing her to Orijen puppy. She doesn't eat much less that 2 cups a day but she poops around 7 or more times a day! They aren't soft but not hard just wondering if this is normal? She's very active and drinks lots of water. Any help appreciated :)

mdn525

Aug 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Petunia aka "Tuni"
Hey everyone I have recently purchased my bulky puppy she's so cute! I've had her for 5 days and she's doing we'll. the breeder had her on royal canin and I'm slowly changing her to Orijen puppy. She doesn't eat much less that 2 cups a day but she poops around 7 or more times a day! They aren't soft but not hard just wondering if this is normal? She's very active and drinks lots of water. Any help appreciated :)

How old is your puppy?

mdn525

Aug 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Petunia aka "Tuni"
For some reason your replies are showing as comments, but if she's just over 8 wks old...I would try cutting back on her food a bit. 2 cups a day seems like too much for a puppy that young. I would start with 1/4-1/3 cup 3x a day. Also, Orijen is a more rich food and you don't need to feed as much as the Royal Canin

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
[MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION], [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION]

OP
M

Mazza81

Sep 14, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Chuncho
When we took her to the vet for her checkup he said to have food available at all times so she can help herself. So should I just feed her 3 times a day? I tried that at the start and she was always sniffing around like she was starving lol

mdn525

Aug 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Petunia aka "Tuni"
I'm sure other people on here can give you great advice as well, but I prefer to have her on a schedule rather then free-feeding.

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
When we took her to the vet for her checkup he said to have food available at all times so she can help herself. So should I just feed her 3 times a day? I tried that at the start and she was always sniffing around like she was starving lol

With bullies I don't recommend free feeding. It's best to have a schedule and Feed same amount to help with potty training as well. You should cut back and see how her poop gets. Have you had her poop checked for parasites?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
I concur scheduled feedings, help scheduled potty breaks :)

OP
M

Mazza81

Sep 14, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Chuncho
Ok cool thanks everyone will try scheduled feedings and see how she goes. She's a bit better today only went 3 times and they were solid.

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Ok cool thanks everyone will try scheduled feedings and see how she goes. She's a bit better today only went 3 times and they were solid.

It makes potty training easier as you will learn when she goes and it will help prevent accidents. If you cut down a little see how her poop gets and you can stick with the new amt :) Let us know how it goes

loveabully

Community Veteran
Jul 20, 2012
california
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Franklin AKA Frank the Tank
:butterfly: Franklin was. :poo: 5 - 6 times a day when I had him on blue buffalo basics Turkey & potato grain free now I switched him to blue buffalo wilderness salmon an only. :poo: twice a day maybe maybe 3 times at the most an I feed them four times a day an I wouldn't free feed because if bullies grow faster then they're supposed to their growth plates won't a line right an you can get hip dysplasia an they say It's better to feed a couple times a day then once or twice franklin is 6 months old an I feed him 2 1/2 cups a day I'm starting to cut back to 2 cups because I changed his food to a 6 star instead of a four star so he doesn't need as much an it might be your feeding grain an its not agreeing with her

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Feeding 3 times a day for a pup is good, and once they get about 5 to 6 months old you can feed them 2 times a day. If they have soft poop just cut back a little on their food. If you can feel their ribs, they need a little more food. It is a fine line between too much food and not enough.

OP
M

Mazza81

Sep 14, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Chuncho
I'm feeding her Orijen puppy which is grain free. When I feed her she doesn't eat her food straight away that's why I leave it out for her. Il try schedule maybe 4 times a day and see how she goes thanks for your help

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.