Bev
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Lots of puppy poop

Quote Originally Posted by Mazza81 View Post
    .... and she was always sniffing around like she was starving lol

Get used to that lol You'd think I starved my crew by the way they behave around food.

For me, her name was Abby
    10/24/2011 - 11/23/1012

Obtaining a dog license should require more than writing a check.

Head Pooper Scooper I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    David
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
    Likes (Received)

Feeding 3 times a day for a pup is good, and once they get about 5 to 6 months old you can feed them 2 times a day. If they have soft poop just cut back a little on their food. If you can feel their ribs, they need a little more food. It is a fine line between too much food and not enough.
    Have a Great Bully Day.
    Member of The Bulldog Club of America, The Bulldog Club of Texas and French Bulldog Club of America.
    Bully hugs from - BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri & Katie

Pooper scooper
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chuncho
    Likes (Received)

I'm feeding her Orijen puppy which is grain free. When I feed her she doesn't eat her food straight away that's why I leave it out for her. Il try schedule maybe 4 times a day and see how she goes thanks for your help

Bulldog(s) Names
    Petunia aka "Tuni"
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Mazza81 View Post
    I'm feeding her Orijen puppy which is grain free. When I feed her she doesn't eat her food straight away that's why I leave it out for her. Il try schedule maybe 4 times a day and see how she goes thanks for your help
    Have you tried warming it with a little water? Also, sometimes when my Tuni won't eat, I'll hand feed her.

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Priestess Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Therese Hamilton
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Amber and Ruby
    Likes (Received)

I feed Amber twice a day; I never have to worry about her not eating, she eats as soon as I put her bowl down on the floor. I don't free feed her; she is my first EBD but I did the same with my Great Danes, they got fed twice a day and all of them have lived a long healthy life. what I have noticed with Amber is when she goes through a growth spurt it may look like she is thinning out but if I feed her anymore than the 2-3 cups daily she gets lose stools, so I keep her on the same amount and she normalizes. Good luck.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Tank
    Likes (Received)

There are not many bulldogs that can be free feed. This breed seems to be always hungry and I think most of them would eat til that popped! I know mine would That much pooping means she is getting more food than she needs, so her body will just take in the calories and expel the rest. She should go normally no more than 3-4 times a day. When my pup was that age, I did 1/3 cup 3 times a day. At 4 months - 1/2 cup 3 times: 6 mos 3/4 twice a day. Now at 10 months and 50lbs he get 1 cup twice a day. His food is Fromms Grain-free. Also remember high quality foods meet their nutritional needs and they don't need as much. Also take lots and lots of pictures 'cause these babies grow up fast!
    Last edited by Corlando465; 10-18-2012 at 09:24 PM.

Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

I have 2 puppies, 8 months old, and when I 1st got them from the breeder, they were eating 1/3 of a cup 3times a day,and I kept them on that schedule until they were 7 months old. They ate at 8 am, 2 pm, and 8 pm. They now eat 1/2 a cup a day 2 times a day, they eat at 7 or 8 am, and then at 7 pm. In the morning they get a Tbsp of wet food mixed in with their kibble. They are both on Fromms Puppy Gold, and I mix it with Fromms pâté. I will keep them on the puppy formula until they are a year old, then switch to Fromms Beef Fritata. I also give them plain unsweetened yogurt twice a week, with cut up apples, sometimes they get cottage cheese, or cheese as a treat, and I was giving them baby carrots, but they see to come back out as baby carrots, so have stopped lol. I also give them the wellness soft treats, when I'm training them.

Pooper scooper
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chuncho
    Likes (Received)

Hey guys just a quick update I have her on 1/3 cup 3 times a day now and only 3 poops a day and their hard yay! Lol thanks for everyone's help really appreciate it! I'm sure il have more questions in the future

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

Glad it's starting to work out!!

If I were to free-feed mine I'd have to roll them around like little barrels!!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads