URGENT!!! Emma swallowed a toy

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
So glad it was found. You should see some of the pictures I just found for an article that I'm preparing of things that dogs have swallowed. You'd be stunned! :eek:

We've been paranoid about Emma swallowing things like a pill if we should happen to accidently drop it as she's like a hoover vacuum. She's getting better though.

We had a crazy Dobe that put Jake to shame with what she ate. Once my hubby was putting D-Con (rat poison for tree rats) down and she jumped up, hit the box and ate 2 pellets that fell before he could even react! :cursing: Hundreds of $$ later at the emergency vet, I KNOW what dogs can and will do. :crazy:

Dubbiedog

Community Veteran
Apr 29, 2012
Beautiful Sarasota, Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Dublin
Yes because people need to see what they can actually swallow and how it comes out. I'm in the process of preparing an article on this very issue. I plan on using this as an example. :rofl:

Well you didn't say it was educational.....:ROFL: That changes everything..:D Looking forward to your article.

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
We had a crazy Dobe that put Jake to shame with what she ate. Once my hubby was putting D-Con (rat poison for tree rats) down and she jumped up, hit the box and ate 2 pellets that fell before he could even react! :cursing: Hundreds of $$ later at the emergency vet, I KNOW what dogs can and will do. :crazy:
OMG she was so lucky! That's exactly how Emma is and she's fast. I worked with a wonderful lady when I was living in Albuquerque and her dog got into her mouse poison traps in the garage. She had them hidden too. I was so devastated for her. Still makes me :( when I think about it. She was crushed.

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
If you need pictures I have one of the hunk of leather Gunny puked up. :)
:hmm: Me thinks we should have a themed tread for this. Actually I'll pm you and you can send me the pic. Not sure if I'll use it or not but I'll add it to my list.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Now I wish I would of taken pics of Jacks poop when he ate the $50...............dang it

nyerathrt

Jun 30, 2011
New York
Bulldog(s) Names
jameson and titan
not to hijack this but jameson pooped out the squeaky this morning! a week later and hell no i wasn't posting a pick. bad enough when he pooped it out i was like hmmmm that is in the shape of the squeaky...and NOOOOO it didn't squeak coming out...

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
not to hijack this but jameson pooped out the squeaky this morning! a week later and hell no i wasn't posting a pick. bad enough when he pooped it out i was like hmmmm that is in the shape of the squeaky...and NOOOOO it didn't squeak coming out...
not a hijack to me at all. :up: Glad Jameson pooped the squeaky out. Did he make a squeaky noise? :laugh:

If you want to share your story, I have a new thread in the Members section. :)

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
YEAHHHH, she passed it. :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

Just found this when I on the Tootsie Roll Patrol.

CE7953D2-97AE-4B6E-B0A5-2CD5D9C446BC-4033-000003E8DEF0B982.jpg

Wow isn't that yummy looking, I'm hoping Bacon passed his while he was boarded over the weekend.

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Ugh, I'm glad Emma is okay...I've been through this a number of times with Linus and Truman. The most memorable time was when Linus barked at 3 AM on Christmas morning to poop out "The Grinch Who Stole Christmas" ornament he'd eaten 2 days before. Good times. :christmas4:

Meggs19

Oct 14, 2011
Madison, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Tonka
It's always such a relief when they finally pass something! Tonka once threw up not one but TWO footie socks of mine. I never even saw him get them and I thought I was being careful about not leaving them around. It amazes me that he could throw up two socks!!! I think someone mentioned diluting peroxide earlier in this thread. My emergency vet also told me that rather than forcing down the straight up peroxide down the throat to instead soak up the peroxide in chunks of bread and feed them down the throat (when they become a mushy texture). He said that if they inhale the liquid too quickly they can get it in their lungs or aspirate it so it's better to have it soaked into something more substantial. We tried this with Tonka and he gobbled the bread right up like it was a treat the first time. The second time we did it since we had to give him more he learned his lesson and wouldn't take it so we did have to force it haha. I have been told that some dogs are very sensitive to peroxide and others are not at all. Unfortunately mine does not seem to be sensitive to it.

Members online

No members online now.