URGENT!!! Emma swallowed a toy

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
checking in on baby girl Emma!!!

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
I swear, until I read this thread I thought this stuff only happened in the movies :(

How is she today?

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Hey all. So far no new news. I thought he pooped this morning and I saw her attempt to go and she scratched when she was done but when I went to inspect there was nothing there. She always poops when I get home so we'll see. She's never not gone at this time. Keep your fingers crossed.

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dang! and after that wonderful weekend you just had. I think Miss "escape artist" Emma will be fine, but of course you won't stop worrying until it shows itself :yes: Before I joined EBN I never heard these stories except from a barmaid at our local restaurant who has this enormous EB called "Brutus". Everytime we see her she has another story worst than the one before. Last one was, Brutus ate a whole box of dryer sheets....... Dublin with her pencil size trachea is lucky to be able to swallow her kibble.....:pouting:
I've been dealing with dogs eating stuff for 12 years nearly. Ace (he passed this year) was the worst! His preference was tennis balls and the basketball pieces he'd tear off.

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Hey all. So far no new news. I thought he pooped this morning and I saw her attempt to go and she scratched when she was done but when I went to inspect there was nothing there. She always poops when I get home so we'll see. She's never not gone at this time. Keep your fingers crossed.

Everything I can cross is crossed! Please pass through Emma with no issue! :hug: :hug:

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Well she pooped and it looked good. I'll watch her again tomorrow and if she even throws up it's off to the vet. I did another search to make sure I didn't miss it but didn't find the piece. I'll look one more time.

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Well she pooped and it looked good. I'll watch her again tomorrow and if she even throws up it's off to the vet. I did another search to make sure I didn't miss it but didn't find the piece. I'll look one more time.

Maybe she didnt eat it! I will keep watching this thread hoping for good news :hug:

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hoping Miss Emma is ok today. Hope it passes with no issues. It took Dozer a week to pass his bandage and gauze

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
OMG I cannot believe I missed this thread!!

My bullies have swallowed their fair share of stuff. From blankets, to beds, to toys to ropes, sticks and stones!

If baby Emma is eating, then it is likely she has enough flora in her bowels to pass it. It is not too big, but it sounds tough. If she stops eating or pooping, she should be just fine.

Once Jesse tore a piece of a purple blanket off and swallowed it, it was a huge chunk.

About 2 weeks later she threw it up. It was in her stomach the whole time!!!

On the other hand, with David's pup Harley and recently Samson both having surgeries to remove obstructions, you will certainly want to keep an eye out.

Give baby girl a kiss for me <3

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Maybe she didnt eat it! I will keep watching this thread hoping for good news :hug:
I just tore the couch apart and found nothing. I was thinking it could have slipped in between cushions. She was sitting right next to me when she was chewing on it. I should have taken it away when I noticed she was gnawing on it good. Then POOF it was gone. Dohhhh.

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lisa, Ace was my bad one. He had a rope surgerically removed. I'm pretty sure I just misspelled that. What is Flora? Hopefully she'll pass it, even if it's two weeks later. Ace used to get hunched up and that's always when I knew there was something in his tummy that didn't belong.

I'll give her a kiss for you too. A big smoochy one. :D

Corlando465

Feb 16, 2012
Lexington, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
[MENTION=2014]JeannieCO[/MENTION]

My pup swallowed a leg of a stuffie, too. It was about the same size as the piece you are missing. He ended up passing it, but it took him about 2 weeks. So just keep an eye out and remember it could take a while. As long as she is eating, acting normal and going regularly then no need to worry. Hugs to all :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
@JeannieCO

My pup swallowed a leg of a stuffie, too. It was about the same size as the piece you are missing. He ended up passing it, but it took him about 2 weeks. So just keep an eye out and remember it could take a while. As long as she is eating, acting normal and going regularly then no need to worry. Hugs to all :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Dang dogs right? lol Dontcha just love it when you don't see them eat something and then two weeks later they pass it and you're like :bigeyes: DANG!!! I'll keep you all updated. :)

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I can see you digging in poop with a stick right now!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.