JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Well she chewed part of it off and swallowed it. I was sitting right there watching her too and it happened to dang fast. :bang:

It's 3" long by 1" wide. We just gave her nearly a teaspoon of hydrogen peroxide and hopefully she pukes it up.

D114FFD8-2151-4F3E-8D28-44886834AEF9-831-000000116A255031.jpg

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
have you ever heard of mustard making them throw up? jeesh I hate to hear this Jeannie...you can't win lately

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
She hasn't puked yet. Wonder if I could give her some more? I know she swallowed, it's no where to be found and she was sitting next to me. Hopefully she can pass it.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
yes, well you know it can just as dangerous to throw that up. maybe wait till it passes. is it hard or soft?

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
yes, well you know it can just as dangerous to throw that up. maybe wait till it passes. is it hard or soft?
That's exactly what I said to Mike too, if it could make her choke. Guess we'll wait and see if she passes it over the next 24 hours. At least I'll know what's wrong with her if she doesn't pass it.

I think I'll go to bed now.

loveabully

Community Veteran
Jul 20, 2012
california
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Franklin AKA Frank the Tank
:butterfly: if It's fabric I'm sure she will pass it a lot of dogs eat socks an they pass them I wouldn't worry to much but I wouldn't give her anymore peroxide though I'd wait till tomorrow if she doesn't throw it up good luck I hope she's ok

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
:butterfly: if It's fabric I'm sure she will pass it a lot of dogs eat socks an they pass them I wouldn't worry to much but I wouldn't give her anymore peroxide though I'd wait till tomorrow if she doesn't throw it up good luck I hope she's ok
No more peroxide for her, it didn't seem to phase her either. It's fabric but it's pretty thick, double layered. One of my old dogs that passed ate a bodda rope and had to have surgery. I just get tense when these things happen and react first. Dang dogs. :luv:

I'll keep you guys updated. Thanks! :hug:

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
BErtha chewed off the tip of Arnolds leather collar, about a 2 inch piece. She threw it up on her own. Of course it was 3 am, on our pillow, next to our face. I am assuming she swallowed that missing 3 inch cloth piece? She should pass that on her own. YOu know what to look for is she is obstructed but my guess is you will see it tomm in your lawn next to the peppermint ice cream

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Hoping she passes is and all is okay! Will be keeping an eye for a good update that it passed! :pray:

LaurenA

Nov 17, 2011
Elgin, Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
Rook
Oh, I feel for you!!!
I just went through an ordeal with Rook swallowing a piece of rope from a toy, so I know how much you must be stressing right now. He acted completely normal through the whole thing and I was a wreck! It took a while, but it eventually passed. I hope Emma has the same luck!!!

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
:eek: Is that the toy I gave her?? that witch?? (the toy, i mean). I hope she will be okay. Maybe she didn't swallow it and the piece fell somewhere. Just keep an eye out for any unusual behavior from her part. I'm hoping it'll pass and you'll see it in her morning :poo: !

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
She hasn't puked yet. Wonder if I could give her some more? I know she swallowed, it's no where to be found and she was sitting next to me. Hopefully she can pass it.

Jake safely passed half of a queen size chenille pillow sham, including ties. But it took about 5 days. And there was the 6 inch long stuffed mouse. It took 6 days.

Gunny B

Jul 19, 2012
Marysville, Wa
Bulldog(s) Names
Gunny Beaufort & Denali (Boxer)
It took Gunny two days before he "gifted" us with the hunk of leather back up. Fingers crossed it will reappear on one end or the other!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I hope she passes it, it is kind of thick, so we will keep our fingers crosses. Plus I found out from a doc that if we give hydrogen peroxide to make them puke to dilute it with water so it will not burn their throat. When I used it last I had to give them about 3 to 4 tablespoons full before they threw up.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online