Other Red Bumps & Lumps inbetween Paws, toes and pads

bettybulldog

Oct 14, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
betty
My bulldog has had those red,pink bumps inbetween her all 4 paws.. I know that Interdigital cysts are common,
from what Ive read I guess from there paws being webbed typed and sweat etc..
there is so much different info..
Most say Soak in a warm epsom salt bath few times a day which is so hard she just wont,
so I take a washcloth and kinda ring it out on it.
but how do you know if this is it other than the vet
can food affect this or cause it?
anyone have any good rememdies.. she licks it a lot at night...

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
They are caused by allergies most likely food related. Talk to your vet about a full blood screen allergy test the results will give you a good list of what to avoid.

My boy had these for his first two years, we then had the test done... turned out he was highly allergic to rice.

You can use Witch Hazel on a cotton pad to wipe her paws too

OP
B

bettybulldog

Oct 14, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
betty
They are caused by allergies most likely food related. Talk to your vet about a full blood screen allergy test the results will give you a good list of what to avoid.

My boy had these for his first two years, we then had the test done... turned out he was highly allergic to rice.

You can use Witch Hazel on a cotton pad to wipe her paws too

what is the difference with the food allergy bumps and the interdigital cysts they seem to look similiar in pictures?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
what is the difference with the food allergy bumps and the interdigital cysts they seem to look similiar in pictures?

they are the same, interdigital cysts is the more technical terms and allergy bumps is what the average person will use... semantics.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Here is my thoughts, none are based upon scientific facts but upon my learning of being on this forum so long!

They are caused by bacteria. Good diet= you get good beneficial bacteria that kills bad bacteria.

Bad diet= causes immune system to lower it's defenses against bad bacteria, yeast, allergies, ect

The paw licking is triggered from itchy growth in the paws, the more licking, the more bacteria is left behind. The moist paw is now a haven for fungus and bacterial growth.

Interdigital cysts are not exactly caused by the allergy itself, but is a side effect of the body's natural defenses against good and bad bacteria. So if there is any ingredient your bully is allergic to in the food, it will lower the defenses.

Like I said, this is only my thoughts on how they are stemmed. :)

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.