General Question Bad Breath

Apr 19, 2012
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Chancho and Lola
Hi Everyone, any suggestions on what I can give my EBD to give her nice smelling breath? It smells like her food and she loves to lick my face!:D Both my EBDs eat the same food, but she's the only one with the funky breath. I brush her teeth every other day, but the only flavour she likes is chicken.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
When we first got her HRH had terrible teeth and breath. We changed to Good Food instead of the Biljac she was eating. We got her teeth cleaned by the vet and then we encouraged HRH to chew toys. Her Nylabones are her favorite. They have gone a long way toward keeping her free of bad breath. Oh and the food change made a huge difference in her not smelling like a dirty dog too.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I agree with LariP .... encourage her to chew more and check into the food, she may have issue with the food even though your other bully is fine with it.

loveabully

Community Veteran
Jul 20, 2012
california
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Franklin AKA Frank the Tank
:butterfly: I have the same issue franklin's breath sinks an grace's doesn't at all an she's 3 an Franklin's 6 months they eat the same food I thought it was his baby teeth falling out but now I don't know but we did just change foods again so I'm hoping it goes away he chews on his toys all the time but he does eat a salmon based food so that might be why

OP

Apr 19, 2012
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Chancho and Lola
JD, don't freak me out! LOL! I have them on Blue Buffalo and am transitioning them to Fromm. When we got her, the breeder had her on Costco food and her breath smelled the same way.

LariP, is there a specific type of Nylabone I should try? Thanks for the help :)

elearn

Bully lovin' gypsy
Community Veteran
Jul 31, 2012
Northern New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Herman
How old is she and is she still teething? Herman went through a phase where he had blood breath when he was losing his last few baby teeth.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.