Other I found a solution for yeasty paws!

Emily

Feb 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Debo
I found a solution for yeasty paws! Betadine Solutuin! My vet prescribed it to Debo because he won't stop licking his paws! I think you can buy it over the counter too! You just try to soak them for five or ten minutes. You can use it in the tail pocket too! It's working so I thought I would share!:p:p

OP
Emily

Emily

Feb 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Debo
Oops *solution stupid, smart phone

Bulldogs are angels in fur coats

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Betadine is great but it may start to stain. However, stains are better than yeasty paws :)

OP
Emily

Emily

Feb 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Debo
Lol!

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
How do you get Debo to soak that long without getting Betadine all over everything? That wouldn't be easy I'm thinking.

Last edited:

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
1 part Apple Cider Vinegar
1 part Hydrogen Peroxide
2 parts water

I have Gizmo stand in the solution (On paw at a time)- and I work it into her paws, between her toes etc we call it 'PICKLING GIZMO's PAWS' and it works, and the solution is VERY VERY Inexpensive to make up.

With Yeast infestations (yes, INFESTATIONS because you need to kill the colony of the yeast) you need to clean their bedding, and you might want to change their food, if there isnt any improvement, we got Gizmo off of Chicken based and on to Salmon based food and now we 'occasionally' pickle her paws. we were doing it 2x a day for a week or 10 days.

OP
Emily

Emily

Feb 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Debo
Good idea! I'll clean everything... Again.

It's hard, he doesn't like his pawdicures. I either use the bathtub or a Tupperware thing & do one paw at a time. I have tried the ACV & Epsom Salts but I think I made it too strong & it burned him! It was so sad he kept pulling his paws out of the water & shaking them! I felt so bad! Me of all people! I would never want to hurt him!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I have Gizmo stand in the solution (On paw at a time)- and I work it into her paws, between her toes etc we call it 'PICKLING GIZMO's PAWS' and it works, and the solution is VERY VERY Inexpensive to make up.

"pickling Gizmos paws" ......... I love that!! :rofl:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
[MENTION=983]LariP[/MENTION] Betadyne is great to kill any germs. Really good for wounds too. Open wounds as well. And a small bottle lasts forever, just add with filtered water to make a "tea" colored solution. I hope that is what you were asking! LOL

Nevermind I just reread your question and I don't even know what I was thinking you asked. But oh well anyway! LMAO

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
I remember my mom using that to clean gashes and cuts when we were young. You can never forget the colour of it too!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
great info.... thanks for sharing and glad it works/helps

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
[MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] that's ok I did have a typo in there. Perhaps that's why you read it wrong. (I had how ling instead of how long.)
I do know what Betadine is, and have always only seen it used in a strength that would definitely turn everything bright rusty orange in no time. So I was wondering how it would be possible to do a 5 to 10 minute soak without having an orange house! LOL

OP
Emily

Emily

Feb 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Debo
Lmao! I did forget to say you need to dilute it! Hahaha! The bathtub works best for me, so I don't have an orange house!

elearn

Bully lovin' gypsy
Community Veteran
Jul 31, 2012
Northern New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Herman
Thanks for sharing because I think I'll need to start doing this with Herman.... although I don't feel I will be successful by any means.

moms2bullies

Oct 11, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
chance & safari
my female dog is constantly licking her paws to point some times that she starts foaming at the mouth. does this just help with the yeast or does it help stop the paw licking?

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.