Help Needed! Irritated booty

elearn

Bully lovin' gypsy
Community Veteran
Jul 31, 2012
Northern New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Herman
Herman has a little diarrhea today - not sure what caused it because they only thing hes had is his food (no supplements or toppings or anything). Now I do suspect daddy may have sneaked him some blueberries but that doesnt normally bother him.

Anyway his bottom is a little red - and it could be sore because of wiping it or could be because of the runs? Is there anything safe to rub on it to soothe it? I do think it hurts a little because he runs when I try to wipe it. Since his tail is straight and flat against his butt, its hard to see if its irritated else where.

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
You can use some Desitin or Butt Paste on it if it's bothering him that much.

Poor baby :( Sore butts are the worst

OP
elearn

elearn

Bully lovin' gypsy
Community Veteran
Jul 31, 2012
Northern New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Herman
You can use some Desitin or Butt Paste on it if it's bothering him that much.

Poor baby :( Sore butts are the worst

Thanks, I'm on my way out (I think) and I"ll stop and get one of those...after I finally do some of my own chores. Of course it's Sunday here in Bergen county and everything is closed - grrrrr!

linwhite

Sep 24, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Guido Zamboni - EB, Zoltan - Shortybull, Zeva - Frenchie
You could try sticking him in the tub and using a hose or hand held shower unit and warm water to gently wash him down and get under the tail. Zelda had a tail that got in the way when she was a pup. I would do that and when she wasn't irritated I would take a warm wash cloth and shimmy it under their flat and gently pull the cloth side to side, working my way up and back down, rinse and do it again if it comes back soiled. Plain water shouldn't irritate where booty wipes might. Warm water feels good too. If he can't lick it you could try Destin. It is made for baby bottoms so it should help but only put it where he can't lick it.

OP
elearn

elearn

Bully lovin' gypsy
Community Veteran
Jul 31, 2012
Northern New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Herman
You could try sticking him in the tub and using a hose or hand held shower unit and warm water to gently wash him down and get under the tail. Zelda had a tail that got in the way when she was a pup. I would do that and when she wasn't irritated I would take a warm wash cloth and shimmy it under their flat and gently pull the cloth side to side, working my way up and back down, rinse and do it again if it comes back soiled. Plain water shouldn't irritate where booty wipes might. Warm water feels good too. If he can't lick it you could try Destin. It is made for baby bottoms so it should help but only put it where he can't lick it.

You know I did spray him a little with the shower spray yesterday and he seemed to like it. He cant reach anywhere near his butt and if he could, he wouldnt be able to lift his tail LOL I will try a warm towel as well next time. I mainly try to get the back of the tail and under the tail, two places I can't see :(

I thought they were doing away with the blue law over there?

Not as far as I know. Some stores are open - pet stores, Quick Chek, grocery stores and Radio Shack. There is an Ulta here that's open, but they block off the hair dryers section. So maybe they are slowly getting rid of it? I dunno.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.