Help Needed! Fleas

Deanna1489

Sep 14, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis
We have always used Frontline on Otis for fleas and we have never had a problem. Over the past month we have noticed a few fleas and quiet frankly it is freaking me out. Otis is basically an indoor dog but he does play outside several times a week. Shouldn't the Frontline take care of anything he is picking up outside? When we started noticing the fleas I went and purchased some flea shampoo and I did notice two fleas in the water when I used it on him. So in other words we have a problem. What should I do? I can't use another round of Frontline before the month is up and I can't have fleas in my house :confused: HELP

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
You need to try to eradicate the problem out in your yard. Basically his potty area is probably where he picked them up.
There are sprays you can get to remove the fleas from the area.

Or, a natural flea preventative is diatomaceous earth. You can spread the non food grade type all over outside to get rid of the problem now. They even recommend spreading inside then leave sit for a bit before vacuuming to get the fleas that are probably already in the house out. Check local feed stores as a possible place to buy it, or do an online search.
And you can feed the food grade DE to your bully to keep fleas off. (It's got other benefits too) we fed it to HRH this summer instead of other flea products and never had a problem. We purchased it at Carolina Pet Pantry.

linwhite

Sep 24, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Guido Zamboni - EB, Zoltan - Shortybull, Zeva - Frenchie
You can get DE from Amazon. Also, you can alternate with another brand of flea stuff and do it more than once a month or you can give him a dose of Capstar which kills fleas immediately and lasts for about 24 hours. In my neck of the woods fleas are extra bad this year and none of my Zoo are getting a month's protection for any of the products I use. BTW, Advantage Multi and Revolution get the heartworms as well as the fleas but not ticks. this month I used generic Frontline and it didn't do a whole lot of good so I'm back to Advantage Multi for the dogs and Revolution for the cats next month.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
i had a time with sarah with fleas this summer. i sprayed the yard with some bayer complete yard spray and then had to buy advantix flea meds to put on my dogs as she still had them and ended up also bombing my house. i tried a natural yard spray and natural sprays on her but they did not work. have not tried the de yet so cant comment on it. if your finding fleas on your dog the fronline is not working so id put something else on him. sarah had only had the frontline on for 3 weeks or maybe less when she still had fleas and i put the advantix on her and she had no problems. frontline does not work here anymore ive found. good luck and get rid of them now before you have problem inside your home as well.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
i`ve also read here that you can use dawn soap to bathe her. after lathering, leave in on for 10 mins before rinsing, and it`ll drown the fleas with success.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.