General Question Crooked tail and itchiness

AubreysMom

Community Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Millbrook, Alabama
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Aubrey (RIP 5-4-12), Aubie Shug (DOB 3-23-12)
Aubie has a pretty straight tail. It begins to curve a bit right over her bum to the left side and then turns back right to be straight. It forms a little "corner" that seems to bother her at times. At first she loved us to scratch it. Then, it bled one day when we scratched it (maybe a bit too much, but she was loving it). I put some neosporin on the little wound and now when I try to look at it or gently rub it, she hates it. It's hard to see in this little area because of all her hair, but it looks a little dry and you can tel her hair is not quite as thick there. Not necessarily scaly and nothing scratches off when I rub my nail on it.

Anyway, has anyone's bully had something similar in that type of area? It's not under her tail, is the side. I'm just wondering whati might do to help it feel better. I'm also thinking she might have some allergies because shes been licking and itching her paws more than usual. I'm going to try some Benadryl to see if it help that and maybe her sitting on the ground (if it's environmental allergies) is itching her booty too?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Nitchke had the similar 'corner' and the hair did not grow and at times it was really dry so I would just put some lotion on it to keep it moist.

Banks has more of an issue, I think, which is more of an issue during her allergy season. I clean it with Witch Hazel and then put some hydrocortizone on it to try and keep the itch away

OP
AubreysMom

AubreysMom

Community Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Millbrook, Alabama
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Aubrey (RIP 5-4-12), Aubie Shug (DOB 3-23-12)
Thanks! I will try that and see if it helps.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.