General Question All of sudden she is shy at 6months?

Little miss Maggie

Aug 23, 2012
Washington
Bulldog(s) Names
Magnolia
Within the past week or so our little 6 month old bulldog (English) has become very shy around strangers ?very bothered by children on scooters? Bothered by School buses? She was not always this way...has anyone else had this?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Interesting..... what if anything, anything at all, change in the household?

OP
L

Little miss Maggie

Aug 23, 2012
Washington
Bulldog(s) Names
Magnolia
Nothing different at home... We did take her for a day visit to Santa monica last weekend.....she was startled by the cars and people...but we had taken her to the same location a month prior and she was just fine...not bothered by the cars and such?

Dubbiedog

Community Veteran
Apr 29, 2012
Beautiful Sarasota, Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Dublin
Maybe it is just one of those phases.. Numerous short outings rather than long ones at this age is probably better. She is becoming more aware of her surroundings as she gets older. Do continue to introduce her to new things though because we did that with Dublin from a very early age and now at two she is extremely sociable. She goes boating with us and is always invited to dinner when were are. I think they really want to invite her more than us. :rofl: We introduced her to car rides at the very begining also and just took her on a 2300 mile car ride from FL to NYC to take my son to college..She was awesome. She is totally at ease with all outside noises and activities but she continues to be terrified of the vacuum cleaner..:confused: As Cesar would say "dont' give into your dog's anxieties because you will ultimately deny them so much pleasure". Slow and steady wins the race...

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
I'm probably going to sound paranoid here but I'm going to say it anyway. It's probably nothing but watch her for other signs that something is wrong. I've noticed Abby gets very skiddish and needy when she doesn't feel well. 90% of the time she is this fearless ball of red fire. But when her numbers are up or she is nauseous or about to throw up, she is afraid of everything. The doorbell will send her flying into my lap and shaking in fear.

OP
L

Little miss Maggie

Aug 23, 2012
Washington
Bulldog(s) Names
Magnolia
Thanks for everyones help. Turns out she had an upset stomach. When that was over.... She is back to her gregarious self.

Dubbiedog

Community Veteran
Apr 29, 2012
Beautiful Sarasota, Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Dublin
I'm probably going to sound paranoid here but I'm going to say it anyway. It's probably nothing but watch her for other signs that something is wrong. I've noticed Abby gets very skiddish and needy when she doesn't feel well. 90% of the time she is this fearless ball of red fire. But when her numbers are up or she is nauseous or about to throw up, she is afraid of everything. The doorbell will send her flying into my lap and shaking in fear.

Looks like you were "spot on" You are good...:clap2:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Glad she is feeling better and back to her old self :)

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
what a fantastic pawrent you are noticing the little things. great job! :clap:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online