Real Name
    Liz
    Country
    US
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bocephus
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Bo's Entropion Surgery!!!

@Sherry @BruceP ..... Thanks for the advice. I will try the lube drops. I noticed you specifically said not the redness drops... Are redness drops bad for him? I am assuming they are and luckily I haven't used them on him!!!
    ~Whoever said you can't buy happiness forgot about Bulldogs.

Real Name
    Liz
    Country
    US
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bocephus
    Likes (Received)

Just an update on Bo.... He went to the vet on Thursday... Vet said he looks great, that his eye is healing well. She did say that he has a small ulcer left on his eye but that it has definitely improved since before the surgery. She did prescribe him doxycycline once a day for 5 or 10 days ( I don't have the bottle in front of me). Brad gave Bo his first dose on an empty stomach (he didn't know any better) and he puked it up. But I gave it to him this am after he ate and he hasn't had any problems. Keeping our fingers and paws crossed for more good luck!!

Real Name
    Sherry Daye S.
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
    Likes (Received)

I've been wondering, thanks for the update. I'm not as happy with Peggy's surgery as I thought I was. She doesn't tear anymore, but has goop in both her eyes. The vet doesn't carry what I want to give her, they keep giving me antibiotic eye creme. not working very well. I flush them too with eye wash, that seems to help. Griz has goop too, it all could be environmental. About her entropian, I just think he took too much lid off, exposing too much eye ball
    Life is like a box of chocolate covered

Real Name
    Liz
    Country
    US
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bocephus
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Sherry View Post
    I've been wondering, thanks for the update. I'm not as happy with Peggy's surgery as I thought I was. She doesn't tear anymore, but has goop in both her eyes. The vet doesn't carry what I want to give her, they keep giving me antibiotic eye creme. not working very well. I flush them too with eye wash, that seems to help. Griz has goop too, it all could be environmental. About her entropian, I just think he took too much lid off, exposing too much eye ball
    Can you ask your vet for a prescription for the med that you want to give her and then have it filled else where? That's what we do with pretty much everything the vet prescribes bc of their huge mark up on medication. I am really sorry to hear that about him taking off too much lid!! That was one of my biggest concerns too. I asked our vet to make sure she didn't take too much this time around, she promised and said she wouldn't charge us again if she had to go back and remove more. It's definitely still early stages for us, only 13 days post op. We still have goop, but not nearly as much as we used to. His eye seems to be less red as well. So far, I am happy, his stitches are still in, they did the dissolving ones. She said that's normal, I have no idea. Also, is dry eye normal for ebd's? I feel like I have read that alot on here...

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb Vicaroo1000's Avatar
    Real Name
    Vicki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
    Likes (Received)

No advice - but I would think -- as Lisa said -- that a "cone of shame" will work just fine for keeping Bo from wiping his eyes on stuff. An e-collar requires someone to be sitting there with their finger on the button....sharing that kind of nervous energy wouldn't be good for his recovery. Skip the e-collar and get a cone. The blow up ones are light weight...

Real Name
    Sherry Daye S.
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Bo'sMamaGirl View Post
    Can you ask your vet for a prescription for the med that you want to give her and then have it filled else where? That's what we do with pretty much everything the vet prescribes bc of their huge mark up on medication. I am really sorry to hear that about him taking off too much lid!! That was one of my biggest concerns too. I asked our vet to make sure she didn't take too much this time around, she promised and said she wouldn't charge us again if she had to go back and remove more. It's definitely still early stages for us, only 13 days post op. We still have goop, but not nearly as much as we used to. His eye seems to be less red as well. So far, I am happy, his stitches are still in, they did the dissolving ones. She said that's normal, I have no idea. Also, is dry eye normal for ebd's? I feel like I have read that alot on here...

yeah, dry eye is normal, no cure just daily eye gel/cream/drops
    Life is like a box of chocolate covered

Real Name
    Liz
    Country
    US
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bocephus
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Vicaroo1000 View Post
    No advice - but I would think -- as Lisa said -- that a "cone of shame" will work just fine for keeping Bo from wiping his eyes on stuff. An e-collar requires someone to be sitting there with their finger on the button....sharing that kind of nervous energy wouldn't be good for his recovery. Skip the e-collar and get a cone. The blow up ones are light weight...
    He didn't end up needing a cone at all. He never touched it once!!

Delilah's Personal Slave Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lauren
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Delilah
    Likes (Received)

So glad to hear that Bo is healing well!!! My girl needs this surgery as well.

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb Vicaroo1000's Avatar
    Real Name
    Vicki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Bo'sMamaGirl View Post
    He didn't end up needing a cone at all. He never touched it once!!
    GOOD BOY!

It's because all Bo's are exceptionally BRIGHT dogs. Yeah...that's it....

Queenie I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Emma, Max, Wilson & Jack (Sally RIP 3/14/16)
    Likes (Received)

I'm way late in saying Get well Bo! Glad she's doing good. When Emma had scratched her eye my vet said to get an eye gel. Works really well and I got it at Walgreens. Just used some on Wilson last week on one of his eyes.
    Three Hooligans and 1 Angel - Wilson, Sally, Emma & Jack

Real Name
    Liz
    Country
    US
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bocephus
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by laurendoodler View Post
    So glad to hear that Bo is healing well!!! My girl needs this surgery as well.
    Bo's eye is looking so good. I am glad we did it and only sad we didn't do it sooner. Very happy, so far, with the results. He started on new abx drops today since he had been on tobra drops for so long, they weren't really doing the trick anymore. Keeping your baby in my thoughts, I know how difficult it is not being able to 'fix' their problem immediately.

Real Name
    Liz
    Country
    US
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bocephus
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by JeannieCO View Post
    I'm way late in saying Get well Bo! Glad she's doing good. When Emma had scratched her eye my vet said to get an eye gel. Works really well and I got it at Walgreens. Just used some on Wilson last week on one of his eyes.
    Just picked up Genteal Gel drops tonight!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads