Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bo's Entropion Surgery!!!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Katie
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Bo's Entropion Surgery!!!

Good luck tomorrow! I'll be thinking of Bo!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Katie
    Likes (Received)

by tomorrow, I meant Monday... lol I don't know why I thought yesterday was Sunday.

Real Name
    Liz
    Country
    US
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bocephus
    Likes (Received)

Thanks so much @Wlw9x ! I knew what you meant. Keep you posted!
    ~Whoever said you can't buy happiness forgot about Bulldogs.

Bulldog(s) Names
    betty
    Likes (Received)

Hi.. I'm new here so excuse me if I do this wrong.. My bulldog betty recently had Entropion surgery.. she was constantly rubbing her eye and tearing etc.. Honestly it ended up to be so easy. I was a nervous wreck like you
    she had both cherry eye surgeries at separate times, when she was younger under one year.. she is now 3..
    The Dr's don't really consider this a big surgery in there view but to us moms its huges..
    Im warning you now.. When Bo comes home.. YUCK its very ugly when they come home,, warning.. blood red and stitches.. My daughter couldnt even look towards her direction.. but you just have to know its
    done and will be getting better.. I honestly think the worst part is wearing the Collar.. I had to put a Gel type antibiotic in her eye twice a day and just keep an close watch on it to make sure
    the stitches were there and general..
    Honestly dont worry as long as you trust your vet Bo' will be so thankful to not have an Itchy watery Eyelash Poking in his eye anymore... Just keep telling yourself that how much relief you are
    giving your baby..

Real Name
    Liz
    Country
    US
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bocephus
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by bettybulldog View Post
    Hi.. I'm new here so excuse me if I do this wrong.. My bulldog betty recently had Entropion surgery.. she was constantly rubbing her eye and tearing etc.. Honestly it ended up to be so easy. I was a nervous wreck like you
    she had both cherry eye surgeries at separate times, when she was younger under one year.. she is now 3..
    The Dr's don't really consider this a big surgery in there view but to us moms its huges..
    Im warning you now.. When Bo comes home.. YUCK its very ugly when they come home,, warning.. blood red and stitches.. My daughter couldnt even look towards her direction.. but you just have to know its
    done and will be getting better.. I honestly think the worst part is wearing the Collar.. I had to put a Gel type antibiotic in her eye twice a day and just keep an close watch on it to make sure
    the stitches were there and general..
    Honestly dont worry as long as you trust your vet Bo' will be so thankful to not have an Itchy watery Eyelash Poking in his eye anymore... Just keep telling yourself that how much relief you are
    giving your baby..
    Thanks Betty! You definitely did it right. I know you are right in regard to his comfort level and it having to be more comfortable and the fact that the vet doesn't view this as a big deal. Thanks for the insight. I will keep you posted!!

Real Name
    Liz
    Country
    US
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bocephus
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Bo'sMamaGirl View Post
    Thanks Betty! You definitely did it right. I know you are right in regard to his comfort level and it having to be more comfortable and the fact that the vet doesn't view this as a big deal. Thanks for the insight. I will keep you posted!!
    Bo is home. The vet said he did great. She had to remove some tissue from the top and lower lid on his left eye. He won't eat or drink though. He has urinated twice and pooped once since we got home at 530pm. He is whining some, well his version of whining... like a low grunt. He doesnt seem to have any problems breathing... no nasal flaring or anything like that. His nose is wet. His eye looks great. They gave us Tramadol and abx drops. They said no tramadol until 9pm though. We did take his cone off since we are home and can watch him, he hasn't even attempted to itch or scratch it once. Anything else I should be doing?? Any tricks to get him to drink some water?-photo-21-jpg-photo-22-jpg

Real Name
    Sherry Daye S.
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
    Likes (Received)

Don't rush him into drinking he might only throw it up. you can give him a couple pieces of ice if you want. I wouldn't hurry him to eat either, he will probably feel better in the morning. Glad you are releaved, I can tell.
    Life is like a box of chocolate covered

Bulldog(s) Names
    Francesca aka "Frankie"
    Likes (Received)

glad he's home and with momma hope he gets to feeling better soon!
    Karen & Frankie

Real Name
    Liz
    Country
    US
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bocephus
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Sherry View Post
    Don't rush him into drinking he might only throw it up. you can give him a couple pieces of ice if you want. I wouldn't hurry him to eat either, he will probably feel better in the morning. Glad you are releaved, I can tell.
    So far so good. He got the tramadol at 9 and the grunting/pacing has stopped. He is now asleep in bed snoring with his little pink tongue hanging out. It is absolutely amazing how the redness in his eye is already gone. Maybe its just a fluke, but I am satisfied up until this point! He did end up eating just a few bites of food and drinking some water. Thanks for everyone's support, this morning was tough.

Real Name
    Liz
    Country
    US
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bocephus
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Sherry View Post
    Houston, we have a problem.... So naturally that I am so excited about Bo's brand new eye and have been rejoicing about how great he looks and is healing, I noticed today when I got home from work that he is blinking and wincing in his good eye. He has never had any problems in the past with this eye! The vet assured me that he does not have entropion on this eye. What in the world could it be. I have rinsed his eye with some eye wash and he is still doing it!!! I am so mad, for him and me... can't we ever get a break??!! What do you think?

Real Name
    Sherry Daye S.
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
    Likes (Received)

check inside the lid for a stray lash or forging object. use saline to flush the good eye . then do a couple drops of lubrication drops , not redness drops, lube drops,
    Life is like a box of chocolate covered

Real Name
    Bruce
    Bulldog(s) Names
    HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
    Likes (Received)

'Blink Lubricating Gel' is what we used on HRH. Get it at about any drugstore... i.e. Walgreens.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads