Help Needed! Sore on girl parts...

mdn525

Aug 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Petunia aka "Tuni"
I noticed the other night Tuni has two little lumps on her girl parts...? Has anyone ever seen anything like this before? I didn't know if it was time to call the vet or not...

JLBURCH31

Nov 23, 2011
Our Raven at 4 months had some bumps on her girly parts. Happened to see them when she was scheduled for a vet visit the next day. They said they were "postules" same as puppy acne, common and nothing to worry about.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I would keep her clean and dry down there. I use malecetic otic on a baby wipe. My girls love their bits to be cleaned!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Raven (2011-2016), Tyson (2014-2023) & Bella
I have never had that with Raven but the vet did mention that I should make sure to clean her so she doesn't get an infection. I try to wipe her at least twice a day to make sure no dirt or urine stays on her. Because of their body structure they can't really clean themselves like other dogs do. It's a good practice to get into. For some reason when Raven goes out to pee she damn near rests her girlie bits on the ground.

OP
mdn525

mdn525

Aug 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Petunia aka "Tuni"
Thanks for the help. I'm hoping it's just a puppy acne. She has an appt for shots tomorrow so I'll have the vet check it out. She gets a baby wipe every time she comes in from potty too :)

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Thanks for the help. I'm hoping it's just a puppy acne. She has an appt for shots tomorrow so I'll have the vet check it out. She gets a baby wipe every time she comes in from potty too :)

One of my girls had a bit of acne on that part once. It did go away and caused no problems. It was nothing to worry about, it looks like the puppy acne they get on the chin sometimes. Since you are going to the vet, I'm sure you'll feel better knowing it's nothing to really worry about.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.