General Question Food. treats ect

Hero4u2b

Aug 24, 2012
Palm Beach County Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Buddy
I was just wondering if honey dew melon. an egg on occasion. banana slices with skippy chunky peanut butter smeared on a few slices. yogurt and of course frozen green beans. if any of these things can be bad for an ebd?. I feed my puppy fromm's beef friaata veg. grain free now and learned here that frozen green beans were better training treats than cheese or vieana sausage. Now I am wondering if any of these other treats I give him are ok for him. My thinking is- ( which is not always accurate) that if it is good for a human than it must be ok for a dog. I do know that things like rasines and onions, grapes ,chocolate can be harmful to dogs but I am just wondering if these other previously mentioned things are ok? Thanks Hero

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Green beans are good treats as they do not add weight to the dog. I would be careful with the Vienna Sausage and hot dogs as they can chock on them. Banana, the melon, strawberries, blueberries, apple, peanut butter, egg, and plain yogurt are all good treats. There are others I'm just not thinking of right now. These make excellent treats to give and for training.

OP
H

Hero4u2b

Aug 24, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Buddy
Thanks David. No I cut out the hot dogs and vieana sausages. These which I listed are his current treats and snacks. I give him 5 - 1/4 slices of banana topped with some peanut butter in the morning and a few teaspoons of plain low fat but vanilla flavored yogurt. Then if I am having some melon. I will cut him a few pieces. Someone mentioned the green beans ( I forgot exactly who here I read that from) and he really likes them. I take a small bag each time we go out side. I need something to motivate him to walk with me at times. I used to hard boil him an egg in the morning but he started to only eat the yolk and play with the whites and get it all over the carpet so if I cook eggs for myself. I cook him one as well. over light and wait until we have eaten and then put it in a bowl for him.. Thanks I was just curious as to if any of these things might hurt him or not be good for him.. Thanks

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Thanks David. No I cut out the hot dogs and vieana sausages. These which I listed are his current treats and snacks. I give him 5 - 1/4 slices of banana topped with some peanut butter in the morning and a few teaspoons of plain low fat but vanilla flavored yogurt. Then if I am having some melon. I will cut him a few pieces. Someone mentioned the green beans ( I forgot exactly who here I read that from) and he really likes them. I take a small bag each time we go out side. I need something to motivate him to walk with me at times. I used to hard boil him an egg in the morning but he started to only eat the yolk and play with the whites and get it all over the carpet so if I cook eggs for myself. I cook him one as well. over light and wait until we have eaten and then put it in a bowl for him.. Thanks I was just curious as to if any of these things might hurt him or not be good for him.. Thanks

All of those sound like great snacks :up:

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox

Lola ate a hard boiled egg every day for lunch while she was a puppy, and the egg shells for calcium mixed in cream cheese. But once we started giving her the yolk, she refused to eat the egg white, which resulted in a filthy carpet much like you described :) We stopped with the hard boiled and went to scrambled egg for her and made sure the yolk was mixed into all of the white, and that worked well. now we give a hard boiled once in a while, but each chuck of egg white must have some yolk on it for her to eat it. :)

mdn525

Aug 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Petunia aka "Tuni"
We've been doing frozen apple slices :) she loves them

LunchBox

Sep 21, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
LunchBox
I do know NOT to give my dog lunch meat (mine was turkey). It's the one food I've found that he will gag back up & make a mess on the floor with. All the treats you're doing sound great! I need to try some that you mentioned!

OP
H

Hero4u2b

Aug 24, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Buddy
Yesterday I cut him a few large slices of a fuji apple and he loved it. He didnt know if it was a toy or food but had a ball playing with it and eating it at the same time.. Thanks everyone...

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.