URGENT!!! Bad smell

Bellababy1

Jun 13, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Hi all I just wondered if anybody else has ever noticed a stinky dog smell on there pups face I clean her wrinkles and face daily, and her ears but at times her face just stinks and she's clean, Amy suggestions on why this may be or anybody else noticing this she's 5 months old. Thank u!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
It could be yeast or it could be that the food she is eating is not agreeing with her. Usually it's the food....What are you feeding her?

OP
Bellababy1

Bellababy1

Jun 13, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
I feed her eukanuba puppy choir, and I use unscented baby wipes then dry it with a towel.

Dubbiedog

Community Veteran
Apr 29, 2012
Beautiful Sarasota, Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Dublin
It could be yeast or it could be that the food she is eating is not agreeing with her. Usually it's the food....What are you feeding her?

I totally agree... Grain free is the way to go. Speaking from experience. You should see a difference in a short time once you switch.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Yep probably a combo of the food and a yeast build up. Check out the great bulldog products forum here for good stuff to care for wrinkles. I am not on my pc so I can't link to it. The food you are feeding needs to be changed to something better as well. Bulldogs should not smell of fish and corn chips, usually this is due to food, shampoos and allergies.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

OP
Bellababy1

Bellababy1

Jun 13, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Thank u all what is probably the best to feed them then?

linwhite

Sep 24, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Guido Zamboni - EB, Zoltan - Shortybull, Zeva - Frenchie
Thank u all what is probably the best to feed them then?

That depends on the dog, what's available in your area and personal preference. Fromms is very popular on this board but it's not available in my area. I use Taste of the Wild Pacific Stream. I had a real allergic girl and that was the only thing that worked for her. My other dogs do well on it too so I figure if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

ModernFemme

Arts'y bulldog farts'y
Community Veteran
Oct 5, 2012
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Remington (Remi)
How strange; I noticed this on my own pup yesterday; I thought he was eating his own poop or something!! Will take these suggestions as well ; thanks.

pinkerbell81

Jul 20, 2012
Rocklin, CA (Norcal)
Bulldog(s) Names
Chancho
We've experienced the same problem with our pup! His face is stiiiiinky! He's on Fromm Beef Frittata which from what I've read is really good (and grain free). His eyes water every day so everyday I wipe them down. Could it be the Fromm??

ModernFemme

Arts'y bulldog farts'y
Community Veteran
Oct 5, 2012
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Remington (Remi)
I am thinking what I'm smelling is my dog's breath!!!! Greenies has been helping a lot.

Taylor

Jul 10, 2012
Pittsburgh
Bulldog(s) Names
Miss Charlotte Elizabeth
[MENTION=6280]ModernFemme[/MENTION] be careful with Greenies- they have a lot of calories and if you're feeding daily you might notice a big weight gain

ModernFemme

Arts'y bulldog farts'y
Community Veteran
Oct 5, 2012
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Remington (Remi)
@ModernFemme be careful with Greenies- they have a lot of calories and if you're feeding daily you might notice a big weight gain

Thanks for the heads up - they totally don't put calories on dog packages! We've been feeding lots of treats for training purposes and have been cutting down his food a bit to compensate. (Plus walks twice a day) Think feeding greenies twice a month is safe?

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
I read that Greenies arent a good idea with bullies - people put Greenies in the same category as Raw Hide. I'm not sure of the facts, I just remember reading it (here?) maybe others can jog my memory

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.