Holly
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Matilda (Tilly)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Bad smell

Quote Originally Posted by mizinha23 View Post
    I would think that vaseline/baby oil would add more moisture or am I wrong? I put vaseline on Izzy's little nose to keep it from cracking.
    The oil from both actually repels water, which is what causes the issue. The moisture from the oil won't cause fungus or anything like water does! Izzy is probably too young to have very deep wrinkles, but it's something you should consider doing! I just apply it after I clean the wrinkles. And yes, I put the Vaseline on her little nose too!

Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

The best place to go for information is under the food ratings ,thread on this site, it helped me a lot. Some of the best choices for foods that are listed there are Fromms Beef Fritata, I switched my 2 to that brand, and they are doing really well now. Other foods are Wellness, Blue Buffalo, Go Natural, Avoderm, and Orijen. You can also ask Cowsmom, or Desertskybulldogs , as they have a lot of experience and knowledge regarding nutrition for Bulldogs, they helped me a lot. It sometimes takes a few switches, I switched 4 times before we found a food they both tolerated, but we finally did

Bulldog(s) Names
    Tonka
    Likes (Received)

I agree that switching to a higher quality, grain free food is a good place to start. It might not be the food, though. Environmental allergies can also cause eye watering, nose boogers etc. that cause moisture in the wrinkles and a smell. I have Tonka on Fromm-beef fritatta and he gets a sour/musty smell in his wrinkles on and off too simply from the moisture in them due to his bad environmental allergies. Just another factor to consider.

Real Name
    Kassie
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Rufus McGee
    Likes (Received)

def. check the food...even treats. We had this issue and stopped the brand of treats, and the smell stopped
    "You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats animals"

Real Name
    Lari
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    (HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by pinkerbell81 View Post
    We've experienced the same problem with our pup! His face is stiiiiinky! He's on Fromm Beef Frittata which from what I've read is really good (and grain free). His eyes water every day so everyday I wipe them down. Could it be the Fromm??
    Every bully is different. Fromm Beef Frittata is what we feed HRH and got her to stop being stinky. But it's possible Chancho is allergic to something in it and you'll have to find something else. Check out the variety of foods available on the home page in the food ratings article and try to choose something in the 4 Star or better range.
    An allergy panel might be in order to find out what he's allergic too as well, but since he looks like a puppy, you might have to wait until he's older to get that done.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads