Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bad smell

Bulldog(s) Names
    Miss Charlotte Elizabeth
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Bad smell

@ModernFemme be careful with Greenies- they have a lot of calories and if you're feeding daily you might notice a big weight gain

Arts'y bulldog farts'y Become a 4 Paw Member ModernFemme's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jane
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sir Remington (Remi)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    @ModernFemme be careful with Greenies- they have a lot of calories and if you're feeding daily you might notice a big weight gain
    Thanks for the heads up - they totally don't put calories on dog packages! We've been feeding lots of treats for training purposes and have been cutting down his food a bit to compensate. (Plus walks twice a day) Think feeding greenies twice a month is safe?

Oogle Me on Google Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

I read that Greenies arent a good idea with bullies - people put Greenies in the same category as Raw Hide. I'm not sure of the facts, I just remember reading it (here?) maybe others can jog my memory

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

Yes greenies are no good for bullies, big choking hazard I have heard as well. Just keep a close eye if you do feed them. @pinkerbell81 fromm is a wonderful food but it sounds like you have allergies. Could be food related or seasonal as well. Is there something new in the diet or have you been using this fromm for a long while? Might wanna try a diff flavor fromm the nest time you buy, you can switch within the same type of food with no worries about transitioning so no worries there.

Real Name
    Hans Gruber
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bacon
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ModernFemme View Post
    How strange; I noticed this on my own pup yesterday; I thought he was eating his own poop or something!! Will take these suggestions as well ; thanks.
    If you think he is eating his own poop add a little canned pumpkin to his food and that will put an end to that. Bacon ate his when we switched him to TOTW and we had to add pumpkin to get him to stop, plus it's good for them and they love it.

Real Name
    Jane
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sir Remington (Remi)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

One thing I've noticed is someone is always against something I'm using for my Remi. It's hard to figure out what is really okay and what is the product of an overprotective bully mother

Example: When I was a kid I choked on a chicken skin. Obviously that doesn't mean chicken is unsafe forever.

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ModernFemme View Post
    One thing I've noticed is someone is always against something I'm using for my Remi. It's hard to figure out what is really okay and what is the product of an overprotective bully mother

Example: When I was a kid I choked on a chicken skin. Obviously that doesn't mean chicken is unsafe forever.
    Awww sweetie, don't feel bad.... We learn from each other! The main reason greenies are a choking hazard is due to their small size. They are okay for young pups, but if the greenie is as big as their mouth it isn't anymore.

The reason most of these things are unsafe for bulldogs is because they are greedy with food and try to swallow them whole. Other breeds also have different teeth. Same issue with toys, no small toys or ones that can be broken.

We just want to save you from a $2000 obstruction surgery is all

My main issue with greenies however has to do with what they are made out of.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Real Name
    Jane
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sir Remington (Remi)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by desertskybulldogs View Post
    Awww sweetie, don't feel bad.... We learn from each other! The main reason greenies are a choking hazard is due to their small size. They are okay for young pups, but if the greenie is as big as their mouth it isn't anymore.

The reason most of these things are unsafe for bulldogs is because they are greedy with food and try to swallow them whole. Other breeds also have different teeth. Same issue with toys, no small toys or ones that can be broken.

We just want to save you from a $2000 obstruction surgery is all

My main issue with greenies however has to do with what they are made out of.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
    I know, girlfriend! All you bully moms and dads are looking out for us.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Maximus
    Likes (Received)

PetFlow.com offers Fromm if not available in your area. They ship very fast and its not pricey IMO

Real Name
    Holly
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Matilda (Tilly)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Bellababy1 View Post
    Hi all I just wondered if anybody else has ever noticed a stinky dog smell on there pups face I clean her wrinkles and face daily, and her ears but at times her face just stinks and she's clean, Amy suggestions on why this may be or anybody else noticing this she's 5 months old. Thank u!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My vet told me to put Vaseline/baby oil in Tilly's wrinkles after cleaning to prevent moisture. Are you doing that? If not, that may be the reason.

Doggie Boutique Owner Izzy's Mom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Michelle
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Izzy
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by hnhammond View Post
    My vet told me to put Vaseline/baby oil in Tilly's wrinkles after cleaning to prevent moisture. Are you doing that? If not, that may be the reason.
    I would think that vaseline/baby oil would add more moisture or am I wrong? I put vaseline on Izzy's little nose to keep it from cracking.

My sunshine doesn’t come from the skies,
    It comes from the love in my dog’s eyes.

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

@Bellababy1

If your bully is smelling it is usually an issue with the food. Go to the food ratings and look at the 5* and 6* foods.
    http://www.englishbulldognews.com/fo...g-Food-Ratings

At the moment you are feeding a 2* food. Don't worry about grain free just yet, the first thing is to try one of the higher grade foods and get that done first.

Transition them off the old food slowly. Increase the amount of the new food every 3 days or so as you slowly reduce the old food. If the poop gets a little soft then you could be transitioning too fast, so back off a bit.

Remember, that once the transition is finished and your bully is on the new food that it is going to take approx 30 days for you to really see/smell any difference.

If you choose a food that is not in your area then there is PetFlow .... they are wonderful and are often cheaper than a store!!

If you have ANY questions at all ... fire away!! We are all here to help each other!!
    Last edited by kazzy220; 10-25-2012 at 04:35 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads