General Question Farting!!

ModernFemme

Arts'y bulldog farts'y
Community Veteran
Oct 5, 2012
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Remington (Remi)
You guys are probably tired of hearing from me... ha ha ha.

SO! When we first brought Remi home, that first night, his farts could clear a room. Then they just stopped, or became so infrequent it wasn't a factor.

We have been training him with mini canine carry outs, beef flavor. Remi loves them but because we are feeding him so many for the training period, I really wanted to get him something higher quality.

I JUST bought him new treats... The petfood's person recommended I give him Tricky Trainer's Chewy Liver flavor. Remi loved them. But here's the deal...

He's taking a snooze right now.. and OH. MY. GOD! The farts he is ripping off are just unbelievable.

I realize some foods are just going to make your dog fart more than others, but has anyone experienced just a temporary "farting" phase while the dog adjusts to new food?

As always, thank you!

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
I don't buy treats off the shelf anymore, I found out the hard way, they like a healthy snack just as well as a not so healthy snack. even ice cubes they may consider as treat. frozen green beans, fresh carrot, frozen peas, blue berry's all healthy treat, not as a meal. treats are just that, for training. or snack. hope this helps

elearn

Bully lovin' gypsy
Community Veteran
Jul 31, 2012
Northern New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Herman
Usually happens when Herman gets new food - but last night he was farting for whatever reason with no change in food (I think his daddy slipped him some cheese).

You might want to look into Zuke Mini Naturals and Blue Bits (from Blue Buffalo) for training treats if the Tricky Trainers keep causing the poots. These are both about 3 calories each and all natural so you can control the calories. Herman loves the peanut butter Zukes and the chicken Blue Bits. I dont think they caused Herman much gas.

Dubbiedog

Community Veteran
Apr 29, 2012
Beautiful Sarasota, Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Dublin
Usually happens when Herman gets new food - but last night he was farting for whatever reason with no change in food (I think his daddy slipped him some cheese).

You might want to look into Zuke Mini Naturals and Blue Bits (from Blue Buffalo) for training treats if the Tricky Trainers keep causing the poots. These are both about 3 calories each and all natural so you can control the calories. Herman loves the peanut butter Zukes and the chicken Blue Bits. I dont think they caused Herman much gas.

I think Zuke's treats are great and no nasty farts :p Since we have moved to Dublin to an all grain free diet. The farting has gone from "clear a auditorium" to "clear a couch" :2thumbs:

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
We tried liver treats for HRH.... P.U.!!!!!
Also, if a food isn't right for your bully they will fart a lot more.
We dont give store bought treats because most are crap. When Gracie deserves a treat she gets a few pieces of her regular food... Fromm Beef Frittata. She rarely farts now.

Dubbiedog

Community Veteran
Apr 29, 2012
Beautiful Sarasota, Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Dublin
We tried liver treats for HRH.... P.U.!!!!!
Also, if a food isn't right for your bully they will fart a lot more.
We dont give store bought treats because most are crap. When Gracie deserves a treat she gets a few pieces of her regular food... Fromm Beef Frittata. She rarely farts now.

When I have tried to give Dublin her own food for a treat...she just looked at me as if to say "shouldn't that be in a bowl with a whole bunch more?"
:stinkeye:.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
When I have tried to give Dublin her own food for a treat...she just looked at me as if to say "shouldn't that be in a bowl with a whole bunch more?"
:stinkeye:.

I have a small bowl that I drop it into. lol

Hero4u2b

Aug 24, 2012
Palm Beach County Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Buddy
When I first got my puppy he farted a lot. stinky. but I changed over to taste of the wild grain free and I was going to write in here the other day and say he NEVER pass's gas anymore. Now after learning my vet as well as many other people use Fromm's grain free and I have been mixing it in with his TOTW and still no farting but I did just notice what I think is a hot spot on his forehead. Hero

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
We don't buy treats anymore ... just use frozen green beans, baby carrots, frozen cauliflower and broccoli, banana slices, apple chunks etc ..... with all the worry over dogs being poisoned by chinese made treats i just figured that was safer!!

mrjohn

Aug 3, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
emily
hello my name is john and my bully is emily. we changed her diet to fromm grain free and she if at all has no farts.she is 3.5 yrs old and very active hope this helps

Scueva

Sep 27, 2012
Chicago, IL
Bulldog(s) Names
Duchess
[MENTION=6280]ModernFemme[/MENTION] I like Plato "thinkers" treat sticks. They come in. 4 flavors , duchess prefers the salmon. they are all natural and last forever because you can cut them to whatever size you want. What I learned in training class is many people use to much treat to train. U really only want to give them the scent and a little nibble the size of a piece of kibble. Also hot dogs are good too, I use turkey or beef all natural from like whole foods or trader joes, relatively inexpensive and they go crazy for them, again can be cut into. Very small pieces.

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
no store bought treats here for my guys, only frozen green beans, banana or apple chunks, or their favorite WATERMELON!!! I swear, when they know there is cut up watermelon in the fridge, they come in and stare at it every couple of hours willing the door to open and someone to give them a piece. I call it puppy crack because they need frequent "hits" of melon throughout the day.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.