Help Needed! UTI? Blood and tiny gray "balls" in urine... help!

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Great that you took her to see the vet and she's getting the meds she needs. Just one thing, pH is neutral at 7, alkaline above it and acidid below it. Infection makes urine more alkaline (higher in numbers) and for example struvites form in alkaline urine. Urates form in acidic urine (<6). Even if she has high pH, she can still have urate stones, cause the UTI is raising her pH. I was really confused myself when Usko's diagnosis was urate stones cause his pH was at 9, but that was only bc he had UTI, when that was gone his would be below 6 and the stones would most likely start forming. So I would advise you to get the crystals tested or take a DNA test for Hyperuricosuria. There's a lab in the states called vetgen and you can order it in the internet. The maintenance for these conditions are the opposite and if you treat wrong you can end up only adding fuel to the flames.

Last edited:

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
[MENTION=2101]SunDog[/MENTION] - I agree. Having had kidney stones myself once, "discomfort" doesn't even come CLOSE to how it feels to pass them.

OP
Wlw9x

Wlw9x

May 10, 2011
Gardendale, Alabama, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Katie
The other day when I looked up Hyperuricosuria, I did see that test you were talking about. I wasn't sure if it was something I needed to do or not. Glad to hear your advice!

Most Reactions

Staff online

Members online