General Question Lola snoring not breathing right video advice?

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Sounds fine to me. I have Peggy, she snores worse than that. And that stop and go action, not to worry, they all pretty much do that. God Bless her little heart, your a good mum and worry about stuff like that. You should have more of them, then you can see they have all that in common. LOL

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I agree, sounds normal to me. I think she is dreaming too. Not all my bullies snore like that, but Molly certainly does :)

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

OP
aprilemari

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
thanks guys :) hubby says i worry too much but i just love her to pieces

linwhite

Sep 24, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Guido Zamboni - EB, Zoltan - Shortybull, Zeva - Frenchie
Next time you go to the vet, show him/her the video to be sure. My bullys don't snore so I'm no help.

Try giving her some benedryl before bed and see if that affects the snoring. That would tell you if she's stuffed up or it's congenital.

I wonder if they ever put a bully on a CPAP? LOL

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Sound perfectly fine to me. Each bully has their own sound. Emma's always had what I call a "congested" snore and her is gurgly and high pitched. Wilson, he used to sound like a percolator when he was younger but now he has a very rymthmic snore, it's almost soothing.

I actually tried to record them both snoring at 5am this morning but I woke them up. They were sleeping together and one would snore and then the other.

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
I agree I think it sounds like typical bullies snoring. Brutus will snore when he is extremly tired or laying on his back and will take pauses also like he isnt breathing :eek: scared me too but all is good. These bullies sure know how to worry us :)

L

Lucy-licious

Aww bless, sounds pretty normal to me sweety. :hug: but wouldnt hurt to talk it over with the vet next time your there. xx

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpPA4gB8ndw&sns=em

Lola sometimes seems like she is congested or can't breathe well. i got a few secs of her snoring on the couch..does anyone think this might be a palette issue?

Nitschke snored like that and he had to have his nostrils widened .... does she every stop breathing while sleeping? As others have said... take the video to the vet when you are in next to let them determine any issue.

Dubbiedog

Community Veteran
Apr 29, 2012
Beautiful Sarasota, Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Dublin
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpPA4gB8ndw&sns=em

Lola sometimes seems like she is congested or can't breathe well. i got a few secs of her snoringon the couch..does anyone think this might be a palette issue?

Dublin here snoring beside me and she sounds like Lola. Dublin has had two palate and nasal surgeries because of her breathing. She does have a super squished in face so that is a big issue. She also has sleep apnea. Even today that scares me but she always ends up taking that breath in the end. Just to ease your mind I would take the video to the vet the next time you go. Perfectly healthy bullies snore too......

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Dublin here snoring beside me and she sounds like Lola. Dublin has had two palate and nasal surgeries because of her breathing. She does have a super squished in face so that is a big issue. She also has sleep apnea. Even today that scares me but she always ends up taking that breath in the end. Just to ease your mind I would take the video to the vet the next time you go. Perfectly healthy bullies snore too......

When Nitschke would stop breathing.. I would blow into his face and he would take a breath. Our Frenchie does this too.. and the blowing air to the face forces them to breath

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Sounds like Orion to a T. She does the whole body shaking too! She is a powerful snorer.

Most Reactions