Other here an infection, there an infection

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
I had to run Abby to the doctor again yesterday. Her tiny body was shaking, her breathing was hard, fast and labored. She was in pain. She has these sores all over her body, most of them are infected. They shaved most of her so that we can treat them topically as well as orally. These sores are from her and Otis playing. They play HARD. When she bites at him he can heal. When he bites at her, her immune system is so bad that she can't heal herself and now they are infected.

She is also in full blown pancreatitis. This, along with the skin infections, along with a possible kidney infection is causing her so much pain that she just lies there and cries. I can't even touch her without her crying. Thankfully the tramadol is helping with the pain. About an hour after I give it to her she is her usual, perky, spiteful self. Then as it starts to wear down she does too.

I am giving her oral antibiotics for the weekend. They told me that if she isn't better in a few days to bring her right back in, no appointment needed. They will admit her for IV fluids and IV antibiotics. I honestly think they chose to do it this way because of the weekend. 3 days in the hospital over the weekend will cost me over $1000, but if she can hold off until Monday it will only be a couple of hundred.

As hard is it is for us, we have to keep her calm. I also have to find a way to stop them from playing with each other so hard. We always try to stop them as soon as it starts getting rough but that's usually not until a couple of nips are thrown. I was looking at those e-collars but I need another option.

I've also made the decision to give her this canned crap for a little while. Her numbers are outrageously high, possibly due to all the infections going on in her body, probably due to natural progression. She is also leaking protein and blood in her urine. Thankfully it's not a lot (only 1%) but even 1% is too much when there shouldn't be any. I don't trust myself to do the math right everyday when planning her meals. For the next little while it's Royal Canine Renal LP for her.

So anyway. Any one of these things going on inside her right now can take her from us. 3 of them at once might be more than she can take. She has a hell of a fight on her paws. I know that this ride has to come to an end eventually. I'm just not ready for it to be right now.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Oh Bev. :hug:

The e-collar may work. I know some members here use it with success.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:hug: big prayers and hugs to our little Sweetiehead

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I am so sad to read this :(. I hope she is okay until Monday. Prayers and hugs go out to you all. xxoo

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

OP
Twice

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
I am so sad to read this :(. I hope she is okay until Monday. Prayers and hugs go out to you all. xxoo

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

If she is not, I will take her to the ER. They (we?) chose to try oral antibiotics first because it is less expensive but also because they don't think she will do well away from us (me?). The doctor said that she will need every bit of her spunk to beat this and they're afraid a hospital setting will be bad for her spirit.

All I know is that she looks so sad :cry:

IMAG0515.jpg

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Hugs and prayers to you both:pray::hug:

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
She needs you. And you need her. We NEED you both. Hope you can feel our positive thoughts and love Bev, because I can feel your fear. Focus on getting her stronger. Every minute leads to an hour which makes a day. The days lead her to winning this battle. There will be more battles, but we take them one at a time. :hug:

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
awww poor little sweetie head!!!! :pray::hug: to you both

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
So sorry to hear this, poor baby, our prayers are with her and you. Give her a big hug from us.

Meggs19

Oct 14, 2011
Madison, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Tonka
I am crossing all my fingers and toes for her and praying that she will stay strong and get better fast!!!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.