Other here an infection, there an infection

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Poor baby. She's done it before. I hope she does another turn around again soon!

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
I hope and pray she gets better real soon. Poor little girl. Please be careful of what IV antibiotic they give her. There is one that causes kidney failure. I have a dear friend who lost a Cocker Spaniel from her "old ways" vet. He has an infected bug bite and the IV antibiotics put him in kidney failure and he died the following week.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
HUH I'm crying like a baby, You and ABBY are always in my prayers. She's got to be ok, I know you'll keep her calm.

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=4225]Twice[/MENTION], this is the antibiotic to NOT give her. gentamicin

loveabully

Community Veteran
Jul 20, 2012
california
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Franklin AKA Frank the Tank
:butterfly: I'm so sorry to hear about Abby I really really hopes she gets better my family will be praying for your's.

OP
Twice

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
Thank you for the prayers. Please keep them coming, she really needs them tonight.

She is still in pain. I called the doctor and she said I could increase her pain killers to 3/4 of a tablet. Her front leg is inflamed for some reason, she can't put weight on it but I think that's the only part of her that doesn't hurt. I've twisted, poked and turned that leg and there is no response from her. We think she may have stepped on it wrong while she was stoned :) There is nothing that we can do, can't give her anti inflammatorys because of her kidneys so she's laying on an ice pack.

I hope she can stand up tomorrow :(

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Thank you for the prayers. Please keep them coming, she really needs them tonight.

She is still in pain. I called the doctor and she said I could increase her pain killers to 3/4 of a tablet. Her front leg is inflamed for some reason, she can't put weight on it but I think that's the only part of her that doesn't hurt. I've twisted, poked and turned that leg and there is no response from her. We think she may have stepped on it wrong while she was stoned :) There is nothing that we can do, can't give her anti inflammatorys because of her kidneys so she's laying on an ice pack.

I hope she can stand up tomorrow :(

I knew when I called you the other day something was wrong. Prayers and more prayers! :hug: :hug:

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Oh I was hoping for better news as the day went on. Give her a big kiss from me. Prayers and good vibes being sent your way

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
i sit here crying as i read this and well ive already spoken my thought to you in a private pm so i will just give you a hug and pray for you and abby. you know how i feel bout you bev and abby to.

OP
Twice

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
Her arm is better this morning. She slept on an ice pack and she isn't limping as badly. She also doesn't seem to be in as much pain as yesterday. Her eyes are a little brighter and her appetite is back.

Last night I was watching her sleep thinking that it might be her time. Now this morning she is half her usual self and I'm not so sure anymore. I just caught her teasing Otis from up on the bed. :wallbang:

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
omg bev this is the best news ever. im so happy. oh i pray she keeps getting better. :pray:

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Bev, I'm very sad to hear what you & Abby have been going through.

Please try and take care of yourself so you can continue to care for her.

All of you will be in my thoughts & prayers for a full and quick recovery.

Love, Texas Carol & Brutus

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.