URGENT!!! Is this mange?

OP
widebody

widebody

Jun 26, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
fatz
Yes I gave him one ealier... I'm going to wait to see if the food makes him better, before going back to the vet Monday...

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Yes I gave him one ealier... I'm going to wait to see if the food makes him better, before going back to the vet Monday...

Good Evening, how's that little guy tonight, is he still scratching? My vet always said that they react different to Benedryl, we would never take as much as they would,jeesh. 25 mg. per 25 pounds is on the light side of a dose. My Jack weighs 100 pounds and sometimes he gets staph infection. The vet says to give him 5 benedryl 3 times a day. To me that's an awful lot of drug.

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Hope everything gets better for the little guy...It sure if frustrating trying to figure out whats going on with these bullies... :hug:

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Hope everything gets better for the little guy...It sure if frustrating trying to figure out whats going on with these bullies... :hug:

It sure is. The food thing can drive you nuts. I think the peeps that feed raw have the best results.

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
It sure is. The food thing can drive you nuts. I think the peeps that feed raw have the best results.

It toally can! Raw is def the way to go if your bully has a lot of diff allergies

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
i was wondering how he was now. seems to me it got worse with the food switch. could also be fleas. ive had devil of a time with sarah and fleas. she is better now i got rid of them. totw bison and blue both have many things that could be causing this. maybe get a spray bottle filled with water and spray him down to wash him off after being outside for the back and a wet washcloth and water for the rest. have you tried zyrtec maybe instead of benadryl or add some benadryl to the dosage. have you put some hydrocortisone cream on it for itching and swelling then powder after seems to sooth sarah when she has skin issues. i was wondering if an anti bacterial like duoxo spray and maybe some duoxo shampoo for when you do shampoo him as it helped sarahs skin when she had to fleas. maybe a bland diet of beef and rice to see if that helps. that may require some prednisone from the vet just for a short time to get back on track. let us know what the vet says.

ModernFemme

Arts'y bulldog farts'y
Community Veteran
Oct 5, 2012
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Remington (Remi)
Holy cow, sending good thoughts your way. (Sorry I can't dampen your fears; we just got a bully last week and I have zero idea what I'm doing at this point)

OP
widebody

widebody

Jun 26, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
fatz
It actually looks better... I haven't seen him scratch at all... I'm gonna give it a few days to see if he does better on the food... I cancel the vet visit for now

elearn

Bully lovin' gypsy
Community Veteran
Jul 31, 2012
Northern New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Herman
It actually looks better... I haven't seen him scratch at all... I'm gonna give it a few days to see if he does better on the food... I cancel the vet visit for now

That's good to hear!!! Must definitely be allergies then. Make note of the different ingredients in the two foods - could be something in the old food that might also show up in treats, etc.

Sep 3, 2012
Lawrence, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harvey Dent
We rescued Roxy from some Craigslist nut jobs, and she had something that looked similar to that.

We had her allergy tested and a skin scraping done and the vet determined that part of the hair loss was a wheat allergy and the rest of it was a bacterial skin infection called pyoderma. She's on antibiotics now along with Benadryl and has to have baths in special medicated shampoo twice a week, and it seems to be really clearing up. It's now just a patch on the back of her neck that looks VERY similar to the picture you have up there, but it's steadily going away.

It might be something to check into!!!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.