General Question Yeast infection

Scueva

Sep 27, 2012
Chicago, IL
Bulldog(s) Names
Duchess
I'm curious what a yeast infection in the Jose rope or face wrinkles would look like? Would it be apparent? Duchess has slight tear drainage, no staining due to raw diet and apple cider vinegar. I do wipe the wrinkles daily, but I'm curious if she develops a yeast infection would it be apparent?

linwhite

Sep 24, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Guido Zamboni - EB, Zoltan - Shortybull, Zeva - Frenchie
Yes. Either under the nose rope or in her ears and maybe the tail pocket would be the most common place for that to start. Are you putting your ACV in her water too? That helps stave off what you can't by topical application. About 1 Tablespoon per gallon of water. You'll probably have to work up to that amount because at first, they will notice the difference. It made all the difference in the world for Zelda's yeasty beasties.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Hi again, I seem to keep running into you, lol. Tear stainage and yeast infection will be different. I have yet to experience a yeast infection but the small can be like Fritos, yep, Fritos. I'll tag a few that will be able to answer this more for you.

Here's a wonderful article I did that discusses yeast issues. Go to the end and view the last video. It's almost 10 minutes long but it's fantastic and really explains yeast and it's causes.

The Proper Way to Clean Ears, Nose Ropes, Folds, Paws, Tail Pockets and Vulva

http://www.englishbulldognews.com/f...-Nose-Ropes-Folds-Paws-Tail-Pockets-and-Vulva

OP
S

Scueva

Sep 27, 2012
Chicago, IL
Bulldog(s) Names
Duchess
Guys thank you so much, that was very informative, I did stumble on it before and read through it but I just watched the video. This forum and the community are amazing. I can't believe I didn't find it sooner!

OP
S

Scueva

Sep 27, 2012
Chicago, IL
Bulldog(s) Names
Duchess
[MENTION=6176]linwhite[/MENTION] I actually put the acv in her food, she absolutely refused to drink it. In addition I'm currently feeding natures variety frozen raw which has acv in it.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.