Help Needed! Slight limping, only sometimes.....confused and worried :/

Stoagie713

Sep 12, 2012
Vacaville, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Stoagie
Ok here we go...
Last night while me and my husband were walking Stoagie to do his business and for his nightly walk...we walked down this kind of slope area of grass and when we got over that and onto the concrete my Stoagie seemed to be limping...not a lot..but it was slightly noticeable to me since I watch him all the time. I was worried and walked over and squeezed all his legs, no sign of pain. When we got back to the apartment I laid him down and checked his back left leg where it seems like its focused and squeezed all the way down, checked his pads and inbetween the toes...no cuts but when I squeeze his toe he doesnt seem to like that, on one of them only. He IS walking on the leg and still wants to play and run just like normal...it's only when we're out on our walks I notice him limping. One of our friends thinks he like twisted or sprained his toe and should be fine in a week especially since hes not like refusing to walk on it, he's using it like normal for the most part. Im still kind of worried though, any insight as to whats wrong?? Has this happened to anyone before?
I dont want him in pain.:*(

Jan 31, 2012
Melbourne, Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruno & Gidget
Hello,
This kinda sounds familiar to me with our Bruno. The outcome, I suspect, could be slightly different since you've established the area of concern is the toe. We took Bru for a walk and came back with limping on the back left hand side hind leg. I worried, like you, I watch him all the time so you know when something weird right? My partner said, "he probably just pulled a muscle". That didn't sit well with me. So the next day we took him for x-ray's which revealed he had severe hip dysplacia. Bruno has since had hip replacement surgery and is currently on the mend. He's doing very well, he's only 2 years old. I guess the message here is, if in doubt, go get him checked by your vet. You just don't know with these guys, it's not always obvious and if your guy is like mine, he didn't complain one bit. He just continued to hobble along as if nothing was wrong.

I'm sure others here will add further. But yeah, best to get a professional opinion me says.

Goodluck
Gloria
Bruno Mum from Australia!

OP
Stoagie713

Stoagie713

Sep 12, 2012
Vacaville, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Stoagie
Thank you a lot if it doesn't get better we'll probably be taking him to the vet, but we have narrowed it down to the toe area since when we squeezed it he was uncomfortable with it unlike any of the other toes. Hip dysplacia sounds scary and I hope that isn't it, but like I said we will be taking him in if it doesnt get better

Momma2Bullies

Aug 2, 2012
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Layla and Wilbur
Rest could help, but if it doesn't improve within 24hours, I would recommend thinking about a vet visit. I was out walking my guys at 10months, and Wilbur suddenly started really limping. I had a feeling it was more than a pulled muscle too- we took him for x-rays - a month later he was in for luxating patella surgery. His kneecap had "floated" so far medially it had caused soft tissue damage and tears. His surgeon was excellent, and his recovery was great (aside from keeping 2 puppies calm, and Layla did not understand being separated from him). Fingers crossed he will not need same thing on the other leg (there are grades, and his other leg isn't as bad as the one that blew). Now his operated leg is the stronger of the two!!!

Good luck, I hope he is already feeling much better!!! :)

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Poor guy. Give his leg a really good check, including his paw pads to make sure there's not cuts (Wilson had a deep cut once). Could be a groin pull too - Wilson also tends to pull his groin. I had to take him to the vet once and they gave him meds. He was back to normal in a week. or so.

Keep us updated.

Meggs19

Oct 14, 2011
Madison, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Tonka
I noticed the same thing with Tonka recently. I posted about it as well. For Tonka, it was his front leg that seemed to be the issue. At the advice of others, I gave it a week to see if it would go away and it did. He didn't limp constantly, just on and off. He's better now so I do think he pulled something. He plays pretty hard and runs around like a maniac sometimes. :) I would give it a bit of time to see if it gets better and if not, then think about taking him in.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.