Help Needed! bald spots?

dalmatina38

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Prieste
Community Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Sierra Vista Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Amber and Ruby
I too would recommend a vet visit and have them scrap just to be safe. Also, if you have a black light you can turn it on in a dark room and put the puppy under it, if the spots glow it is ring worm and needs to be seen by a vet ASAP because ring worm spreads like wild fire and it is easily transmitted to humans. I would seriously recommend a vet visit. Good Luck.

redhed

Jun 22, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sancho
So, how did it turn out? Do you have other pictures? I can't see those ones for some reason?!

Last edited:
OP
jessport

jessport

Jul 26, 2012
Nevada
Bulldog(s) Names
daisy
It looks like Daisy does have mange and it's the Demodex. The vet let me look in the microscope after she did the scrape. She is going to be taking Ivermectin. The mites r shaped like little cigars with tiny legs lol. Happy that we found out what it was and now we can treat it. :) thank you all for the replies!

OP
jessport

jessport

Jul 26, 2012
Nevada
Bulldog(s) Names
daisy
So, how did it turn out? Do you have other pictures? I can't see those ones for some reason?!

It may be cauuse I am posting from my phone? Sorry I don't have any other pics :(

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Just checking in to see how it went at the vet? Hope she is feeling better

Dubbiedog

Community Veteran
Apr 29, 2012
Beautiful Sarasota, Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Dublin
It looks like Daisy does have mange and it's the Demodex. The vet let me look in the microscope after she did the scrape. She is going to be taking Ivermectin. The mites r shaped like little cigars with tiny legs lol. Happy that we found out what it was and now we can treat it. :) thank you all for the replies!

Just want to put your mind at ease and let you know that Dublin had Demodex around the same age as Daisy. She had to do two rounds with the Ivermectin and came through it just fine with no side effects even with her very comprimised immune system. She has the most beautiful coat and no indication that she ever had anything wrong. Ugh! when I heard the word mange I really freaked but that is because I really didnt' know anything about it at the time. Miss Daisy is in good hands..:2thumbs:

BullyLove143

Jan 9, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Douglas
uhamyne6.jpg

This could also be seasonal flank alopecia.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk