Help Needed! Irritated nose wrinkle

maggies mom

Aug 22, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
maggie
I was cleaning Maggies wrinkle yesterday and noticing brownish red stuff coming out on the cotton. I have always just used a dry cotton ball and wiped a few times and it was always clean so I though maybe she just got into the dirt or something. Today I cleaned again and still the same stuff, plus it looks irritated to me.She didn't fuss when I was cleaning it so I'm not sure it hurts but it doesn't look good. I cleaned it today with a cleanser and put some A&D ointment on it. I tried to take a good picture I'm hoping someone can tell me what this could be & if there is anything else I can try or should I bring her to the vet?
* Also anyone know why when I upload pictures they wind up sideways or upside down?

Attachments

• photo(6).jpg
    photo(6).jpg
    93 KB · Views: 977

loveabully

Community Veteran
Jul 20, 2012
california
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Franklin AKA Frank the Tank
:butterfly: is the picture before you put the A&D on? Cause it kinda looks like a yeast infection I wash Franklin's with ACV/ water an it looks good an if It's a yeast infection ACV will get rid of it in a couple of days just make sure you keep it dry. I'm sure others will be along soon to give their input. Good luck

OP
maggies mom

maggies mom

Aug 22, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
maggie
Its after I put it on , whats ACV?

elearn

Bully lovin' gypsy
Community Veteran
Jul 31, 2012
Northern New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Herman
ACV = apple cider vinegar. Get Bragg's brand if you can (with the 'mother' - the weird cloudy stuff at the bottom of the bottle)

OP
maggies mom

maggies mom

Aug 22, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
maggie
Ok I will give that a try thanks, I feel so bad for her.

mcraven2

Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile
Community Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Boston MA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
I use trizCHLOR 4 wipes. They are amazing!! I use them at night to clean his wrinkles, toes and tail pocket. You can buy them on amazon, my vets office also sells them so you could try your vet as well. They have a drying agent in them so you don't need to dry after you wipe the wrinkles.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
If the ACV doesn't work I highly recommend panalog ointment from your vet. It works great. But will require a vet visit, unless you have a cool vet you can just call for a script :)

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

Corlando465

Feb 16, 2012
Lexington, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Tank's "dimples" beside his nose looked like that a few weeks ago. I somehow had not noticed how deep they had become as he had grown. I called the vet for Panalog ointment at the recommendation of EBNers, but was told they don't carry that any longer. I had started using witch hazel but the vet suggested Duoxo pads instead, as the witch hazel was not recommended for use near eyes. The Duoxo pads really fixed the area fast, but next time I will order them Amazon.com, as they are much cheaper.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Sep 3, 2012
Lawrence, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harvey Dent
The vet used to give me MalAcetic wipes for Hoss, and so I use them now with Roxy. She loves to have her face cleaned and the wipes make her smell like apricots. :)

Her nose dimples were getting a little irritated, but once we started with the MalAcetic they cleared up within about a day.

porkysmamma

Jun 21, 2012
Warrensburg, New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Porkchop aka Porky
It's a yeast infection poor porky has a very deep nose rope n is very prone to them I clean a few times a week with witch hazel (it's like alcohol but less harsh it evaporates though which is great) my vet always tries to save me $$ so when I called to tell her porky had an infection she told me to buy monistat 7 clean n apply twice a day ;) works great and within 3 days it's always gone!!!!!!! Best part walmart has it for $9 n no vet trip ;)

Meggs19

Oct 14, 2011
Madison, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Tonka
I have heard of so many different types of wipes/ointments/treatment for cleaning folds: trizchlor 4, duoxo pads, panalog ointment, and the malacetic wipes. Do they all basically work the same/serve the same purpose? Up until this point, I have just been using baby wipes but I would like to get something stronger, as Tonka has bad allergies and his little nose dimples get dirty easily too, with the brown spots similar to Maggie's in the picture posted. Is one kind recommended over the others or are any and all good to use?

porkysmamma

Jun 21, 2012
Warrensburg, New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Porkchop aka Porky
I have heard of so many different types of wipes/ointments/treatment for cleaning folds: trizchlor 4, duoxo pads, panalog ointment, and the malacetic wipes. Do they all basically work the same/serve the same purpose? Up until this point, I have just been using baby wipes but I would like to get something stronger, as Tonka has bad allergies and his little nose dimples get dirty easily too, with the brown spots similar to Maggie's in the picture posted. Is one kind recommended over the others or are any and all good to use?

A lot of ppl recommend apple cider vinegar I personally haven't tried it only bcuz I don't have any right now lol butttt if he has allergies id say the more natural the better :D that's for cleaning anyways n preventative as far as if he gets an infection what to use idk I've only ever used the monistat but if he has allergies it may make it worse!!!! Good luck!!!!

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
[MENTION=3445]Meggs19[/MENTION] - I think it really depends on the individual dog as to which product is going to work best ...

I have a routine with mine, on a daily basis I use the Drs. Foster & Smith EyeClens Pads along with the DentalClens Pads for teeth then once each week for a deeper clean I use Mal-A-Ket Wipes by Derma Pet along with Foster & Smith EarClens Pads to clean the ears (I only do their ears weekly unless I notice it needs to be done again, but I check them daily) on my next order of Mal-A-Ket wipes I'm going to also order the Malacetic wipes for the bootie I was told those work great for a tight tail pocket.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Usko suddenly developed really irritated tear stains, other even had a raw bold spot. I tried to just clean them first with colloidal silver and keep them dry, but they really started to heel when I started to apply Desitin after cleaning and drying. Desitin is my new best friend!

Momma2Bullies

Aug 2, 2012
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Layla and Wilbur
My girl has a really deep nose rope too -I use malacetic wipes (some of the other things ppl recommend aren't readily available in Canada). The malacetic works, but I have had to get antibiotics on occasion for her (not a cure for yeast obvi but for the resulting infection from raw skin). Thing is, the root of the problem can be allergies. A proliferation of yeast can be related to diet - I am still on the food rollercoaster with my guys after a long summer of yeasty paws and chin acne and bad tear stains and rope....
Was this reaction coincidental to a new food? I have realized my guys can't have chicken, potatoes, corn...(including in any treats) and the list goes on. I am a month in to a strict food trial with allergy food (wellness simple duck & oatmeal) and so far, so good. Rope has really improved, and red paws are white again. In another month I will see how they are, because by then I will know how they are reacting to this food AND all of the seasonal allergens will be over (ragweed etc).

So try the malacetic, but consider the systemic problem that is causing this. Keep us posted!!! :)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online