Help Needed! Irritated nose wrinkle

Meggs19

Oct 14, 2011
Madison, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Tonka
[MENTION=6189]bulldogs4me[/MENTION] Are there separate Malacetic wipes for face vs. butt? Or is it just one type of wipe that can be used on various areas?

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
[MENTION=6189]bulldogs4me[/MENTION] Are there separate Malacetic wipes for face vs. butt? Or is it just one type of wipe that can be used on various areas?

From what I read they can be used on folds, tails just general all purpose. I haven't used them yet but will let you know what I think of them once I do

Sep 3, 2012
Lawrence, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harvey Dent
I use MalAcetic for everything- dimples, wrinkles, tail pocket, bum, the whole nine yards.

Roxy never has yeast or infection issues and smells like apricots all the time! :D

May 18, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver
Panalog is fantastic for clearing things up without causing any stinging or burning. It works wonders, especially right at the start of any yeasty build-up. We always make sure we have some on-hand!

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
My girl has a really deep nose rope too -I use malacetic wipes (some of the other things ppl recommend aren't readily available in Canada). The malacetic works, but I have had to get antibiotics on occasion for her (not a cure for yeast obvi but for the resulting infection from raw skin). Thing is, the root of the problem can be allergies. A proliferation of yeast can be related to diet - I am still on the food rollercoaster with my guys after a long summer of yeasty paws and chin acne and bad tear stains and rope....
Was this reaction coincidental to a new food? I have realized my guys can't have chicken, potatoes, corn...(including in any treats) and the list goes on. I am a month in to a strict food trial with allergy food (wellness simple duck & oatmeal) and so far, so good. Rope has really improved, and red paws are white again. In another month I will see how they are, because by then I will know how they are reacting to this food AND all of the seasonal allergens will be over (ragweed etc).

So try the malacetic, but consider the systemic problem that is causing this. Keep us posted!!! :)

Great post!

Scueva

Sep 27, 2012
Chicago, IL
Bulldog(s) Names
Duchess
[MENTION=5186]porkysmamma[/MENTION] so with monistat7 would I dry the folds then apply cream and leave the cream in the fold? Also I have heard vagisil would work. I think duchess has the beginning stage of yeast infection in her folds.

porkysmamma

Jun 21, 2012
Warrensburg, New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Porkchop aka Porky
[MENTION=5186]porkysmamma[/MENTION] so with monistat7 would I dry the folds then apply cream and leave the cream in the fold? Also I have heard vagisil would work. I think duchess has the beginning stage of yeast infection in her folds.

Oh poor baby they suck and make them kind of smelly lol yeah I witch hazel it then pat it dry wait about 10 minutes then just rub the monistat in and leave it ;) the pharmacist at walmart helped me pick it out lol the stage 7 or monistat7 is the weakest formula so he thought it'd be best for her face. Vagisil may work too buttttt that's mainly for itching the monistat will actually kill the yeast and heal it :) it's worth a try it worked for porky n it's cheap.

Scueva

Sep 27, 2012
Chicago, IL
Bulldog(s) Names
Duchess
[MENTION=5186]porkysmamma[/MENTION] Thanks! I will give it a try. I also found a website that sells panalog without a prescription. What do you do as preventative? Duchess is already on raw and gets abc with her food. I wipe her folds in the morning and at night. I'm thinking season change has caused her eyes to be a little watery which is the contributing factor to her showing signs of a yeast infection.

porkysmamma

Jun 21, 2012
Warrensburg, New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Porkchop aka Porky
[MENTION=5186]porkysmamma[/MENTION] Thanks! I will give it a try. I also found a website that sells panalog without a prescription. What do you do as preventative? Duchess is already on raw and gets abc with her food. I wipe her folds in the morning and at night. I'm thinking season change has caused her eyes to be a little watery which is the contributing factor to her showing signs of a yeast infection.

I clean everything with witch hazel 3 times a week which seems to keep the yeast at bay. Porkchop tends to get yeast infections more than she should on account she eats veryyyyyyyyyy cheap dog food :( I buy her blue buffalo and she goes outside and eats birdseed :( I've literally fed her every LI or natural dog food and she refuses to eat it lol she loves the kibbles and bits (that digression was meant to inform u that their food can actually contribute to yeast build up lol) um dose Duchess get cherry eyes at all? Before we had porky fixed n all her problems fixed she used to get yeast infections almost weekly n her eyes were alway runny and gunky and she's always have a cherry eye but we had her third eye lids removed and honestly shes had one yeast infection since n I think it was bcuz her daddy let her go on the slip n slide n didn't dry her face immediately after ugh men lol!! But yes I do think watery eyes can cause the yeast infections in the nose that and a lot of licking.........when I get my nightly 20 minute face washing I check her nose and it's always soaked from slobber :) lol!!!!

Scueva

Sep 27, 2012
Chicago, IL
Bulldog(s) Names
Duchess
[MENTION=5186]porkysmamma[/MENTION] so I got the monistat7. I used it last night and already this am the redness in her tear folds has almost gone away. How many times a day should I apply the cream and for how long?

porkysmamma

Jun 21, 2012
Warrensburg, New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Porkchop aka Porky
[MENTION=5186]porkysmamma[/MENTION] so I got the monistat7. I used it last night and already this am the redness in her tear folds has almost gone away. How many times a day should I apply the cream and for how long?
I do twice a day morning and night usually for 3 or 4 days just to be safe I'm glad it's already working for you :)

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I use the witch hazel pads from Walmart. They are a natural astringent so you don't have to worry about drying afterwards. So far it's worked really well on all three bullies ..... nose, wrinkles and tail pockets!! :up:

porkysmamma

Jun 21, 2012
Warrensburg, New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Porkchop aka Porky
I use the witch hazel pads from Walmart. They are a natural astringent so you don't have to worry about drying afterwards. So far it's worked really well on all three bullies ..... nose, wrinkles and tail pockets!! :up:
Aren't they great :) the only issue I have with it is that porky likes to try to eat them while I do her nose :p she's a bit strange :)

moms2bullies

Oct 11, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
chance & safari
my male english bulldogs nose wrinkle right above his nose has done that quite a few times. my vet said to by stridex. i bought the one for sensitive with aloe in it. the label is green and white. it works like a charm. clears it up by the next day. what i do is clean it with a stridex pad and then pat it dry with a paper towel. stridex is inexpensive and a jar of pads lasts a long time. i dont use it on his other wrinkles just that one. i use baby wipes on his other wrinkles.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.