URGENT!!! My pups faoming at mouth and spinning crazy!!!

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
I saw this yesterday but didnt post...I am sorry he isnt feeling well! Hope things are okay!

lakermarie

Jun 4, 2012
Albuquerque NM
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
GATOR, (HOPE RIP) & Spot the Aussie/mix
Hope your pups doing better, sounds scary to see ur pup like that and not know what's wrong... Sending prayers ur way

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Spinning in circles and foaming at the mouth are two things Vegas does when having a seizure. Just want to throw that out there. Hoping for an update soon.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Grrrrr@ people who post "urgent" sick pup posts and don't come back to update all of us worrywarts. (Even the ones who haven't been around much lately because they are remodeling their kitchen and it's a nightmare....)

Just sayin'.

OP
Purebred

Purebred

Sep 30, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Onyx
Hey thanx everyone for the concerns and everything else. sorry comment back took awhile been busy lately, Onyx is fine the vet said he got worms and had swollen arse glands or something lol. The vet treated him and everything was fine in minutes.

Thanx again everyone. really like this site.

L

Lucy-licious

Hey thanx everyone for the concerns and everything else. sorry comment back took awhile been busy lately, Onyx is fine the vet said he got worms and had swollen arse glands or something lol. The vet treated him and everything was fine in minutes.

So happy that everything is ok....I think you mean Anal Glands BTW x They will probably fill again and need other vet visits for expressing in the future. Give the little monster a hug for me...I am so relieved he is ok xxx

OP
Purebred

Purebred

Sep 30, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Onyx
yeah hey sori didnt mean to wori just got caught up with other things in life, wedont live on the internet so sori again to everyone will make a better effort next time

OP
Purebred

Purebred

Sep 30, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Onyx
oh ok so do they fill quite often and always need to be expressed or is this someting they learn to do by themselves as they get older?

L

Lucy-licious

oh ok so do they fill quite often and always need to be expressed or is this someting they learn to do by themselves as they get older?

Mostly they empty when dogs poop but unfortunately in some dogs it doesnt happen thus way....i'll tag [MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION] and [MENTION=2014]JeannieCO[/MENTION]. Both have dogs who need theirs done. KMARINO goes to the vets regularly and Jeannie has started to do them herself x

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Unfortunately they do fill often, I have to take Vegas average about every 5 weeks to get his anal glands expressed. He has to have them internally done. I have been doing this for about 2.5 years. I know when it is time when he starts rubbing his behind across my area rug. Our vet charges $9.00 to just pop in and get them expressed, no office visit charge.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
HI there. Let me try this again cause I just lost everything I just typed, dohhh.

I have to do Jack's (my pitty) about every 8 weeks or so. He'll get quite a fishy smell so that when I know they need to be done. Keep in mind though if Oynx's glands are "swollen" that could be a sign of infection. A dog's anal gland being "Swollen" and "full" are very different. When a dog poops they express a very smelly substance and most the time it's a minor amount that you'd never know. How this works is dogs have two oval sacs at the 4 and 8 o'clock hour of their anal. When they poop, the poop goes between those two glands causing them to express a little amount. If a dog has soft poops or if the glands are not in the right spot (as is the case with Jack) then the poop cannot express them. You can do it yourself. But also keep in mind that some dogs anal glands do get infected and some actually have to have them removed.

Here's a little bit from the article I'm in the process of preparing that might help you out.

Impacted anal glands can often be relieved by manually expressing, or squeezing out, the fluid they contain. This is a very smelly process, but if you're game you can have your vet or groomer teach you how to do it. Most people whose dogs need their anal glands expressed periodically prefer to pay to have it done.

If your dog's anal glands get impacted frequently, ask your vet to recommend a high-fiber diet to create bulkier stools. If that doesn't work, and if your dog has repeated infections or abscesses from impaction, the anal glands may need to be removed.

Anal Glands Expression in a dog

Different ways to know if you're Bulldog needs his anal glands expressed
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d957iuKkwE4

The butt scratch
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6YNV0LyMoU

Last edited:

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake

So happy that everything is ok....I think you mean Anal Glands BTW x They will probably fill again and need other vet visits for expressing in the future. Give the little monster a hug for me...I am so relieved he is ok xxx

ARSE glands IS a good name tho! :ROFL:

Just relieved he's ok! And you better never leave us hanging again!! :eek:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Glad to hear all is well!!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.