Help Needed! Stig threw up for about an hour last night

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
He threw up sometimes white-foam and other times clear liquid. All were small amounts. Poor guy did this for about an hour when we decided that we should take him to the emerg vet. But after we got ready, he stopped and finally was able to get comfortable and sleep. So we thought we'd monitor him instead. He slept through the night ok.

Now that it's morning, should we take him to the vet for a checkup? He got up to pee and I gave him a few small pieces of cheese to see if he'll eat, which he did. We took away his water last night because we noticed that it would trigger his vomitting. The water bowl's filled again this morning, but he hasn't had the urging to drink yet.

I believe it's from all the grass and weeds he's been eating this weekend. His corgi cousin was here and they're picking up each other's bad habits. :cursing:

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Poor guy!! I hate the "wait and see" vet game, but I would monitor him today and see how he does. Sounds like he just needed to get rid of the grass and weeds. Has he ate breakfast yet?

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
Oliver vomited yesterday too. A few hours after his breakfast and it was full of his breakfast and then a couple of hours after dinner, same thing, full of food! He ate breakfast this morning so now I'll see if he vomits again. What is it with these guys?

OP
izstigspunks

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Poor guy!! I hate the "wait and see" vet game, but I would monitor him today and see how he does. Sounds like he just needed to get rid of the grass and weeds. Has he ate breakfast yet?

No, last time he ate was breakfast yesterday and snacks in between. We were about to give him his dinner last night then everything happened. Didn't know if we should give him anything heavy this morning. After he peed this morning, he just walked to his bed and slept.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Maybe try the bland diet this morning and see how he does??

elearn

Bully lovin' gypsy
Community Veteran
Jul 31, 2012
Northern New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Herman
Poor baby, hopefully it was just something that disagreed with his tummy. I think you need to make sure he at least drinks some water regularly. Maybe some warm chicken broth until his tummy settles down?

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
I agree on the water.... then if he doesn't throw that up try a little food... not much. But keep him hydrated. Poor baby. :(

OP
izstigspunks

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
He looked better when I left for work a couple of hours ago. I think he was looking for food too. Asked the bf just now to give him something to eat and see if he drinks some water. Hopefully he'll get back to his crazy self soon.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Poor Stig. :( Hope he gets better soon. Probably something he and his counterpart ate. Jack threw up on Mike's foot last night, he was in sandals too, lol.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Poor baby. I would worry if he continues that maybe he ate something that he cant digest? part of a toy or something? Hopefully today he does much better!

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
I would see if he is eating when you get home from work, if not I would take him to the vet. But I'm a paranoid bully owner and usually get told by the vet that he will be fine and get sent on my way.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Sometimes Tate will gag up/vomit clear liquid or foamy mucus when he's eaten something he shouldn't have, like the filling of a stuffed toy.
Hopefully Stig is on his way to complete recovery. Let us know how he's doing tonight!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Oh sweet Stig, I hope all is okay. Are you home with him today?

OP
izstigspunks

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Oh sweet Stig, I hope all is okay. Are you home with him today?

My bf went to work this morning because he had to open the queues, but then asked to leave an hour later so he can look after the boys. And I waited for him to come home before I left for work. He and Wally did eat a small piece of a slipper too ... but that was a couple of days ago. I really think it was all the grass and weeds. It was just so scary how long it took him to stop vomitting.

I'll see if he improves and eat his dinner tonight. If not, then we'll head to the vets.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I hope is better tonight, keep us posted :hug:

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online