Help Needed! Came Home To LEylas Face Swollen!! WTH :/

ZuesKaneLeyla

Aug 24, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Zues Kane & Leyla
i came home and she ran up to me i noticed her cheeks hanging too much,looked at here rigth and her face was completely swollen! and she has lil rashes with bumps all over her body! =(

can i giver her 1 Benadryl??

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Yes you can give her 1 mg per pound, I believe they all come in 25 mg capsules. Must be plain benedryl, not with aspirin or anything added.

Please check her gums and tongue, I would probably take her to the vet just to be safe, you don't want her throat to swell and close!!

Please let us know if she is okay! :hug:

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
i came home and she ran up to me i noticed her cheeks hanging too much,looked at here rigth and her face was completely swollen! and she has lil rashes with bumps all over her body! =(

can i giver her 1 Benadryl??

How is she this morning? Did the benadryl help?

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Usko had this at one occasion and it just went away after few days. We have no idea where it came from, but we gave him some meds that is meant for snake bites and something like Benadryl after and the swelling started to go down. I was prepared to take him to the vet if his breathing was impacted, but nothing like that happened.

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
I hope we can have an update soon. Bella has received a swollen face due to bites twice. Both times she had to get a shot of Predisone and was headed home with meds. The swelling lasted for a couple days. It is scary when something like this happens to our babies.

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Oh poor baby! This happend to Chanel our pitbull! She actually ate a bee and it stung her mouth! Ouch! She had to go to the vet for a shot and within 2 hours she was back to normal! Hope she is better today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
ZuesKaneLeyla

ZuesKaneLeyla

Aug 24, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Zues Kane & Leyla
hey EVERYBODY she is doing alot better shes just keeps shaking her head and scratches her ear like if she has a ear infection but she is still herself super playful,were taking her to the vet tomorrow morning just to see whats going on with her!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
hey EVERYBODY she is doing alot better shes just keeps shaking her head and scratches her ear like if she has a ear infection but she is still herself super playful,were taking her to the vet tomorrow morning just to see whats going on with her!

How is she doing?

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.