General Question teeth brushing

elearn

Bully lovin' gypsy
Community Veteran
Jul 31, 2012
Northern New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Herman
so today was the first time I've tried brushing Herman's teeth so he'll get used to it - he loved it, I think. I first used the little finger thing to brush and the little sucker bit my finger as he was trying to "chew" the tooth paste! OUCH! So then I moved to the tooth brush, which he also seemed to like.

but i'm not clear how much tooth paste and how long I should brush. Is he supposed to rinse afterwards? :ROFL:

I'm using the Virbac CET kit.

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
I use the dental pads from Foster & Smith, they hated the toothbrush LOL so great start on Herman letting you actually brush his ... it takes a few minutes at least to get to all those teeth but I would just say judge the length of time by how he tolerates it don't brush so long that it isn't fun for him anymore but still try to reach all this teeth. oh yeah and a nice drink of fresh water afterwards makes mine happy.

Angelgirl

Dec 28, 2010
Pa
Bulldog(s) Names
Annabella (Belly) and Bob Dylan
I just started brushing Bob's teeth. He always watched me at the sink so I thought I would give it a try. He loves it! I just use a little tooth paste (vanilla for dogs) Then I cup my hands and give him some water. Hubby says one of these days he's gonna spit it out like I do to rinse. I don't think it matters if they rinse, I'd offer him some water and see lol :D

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Great job on starting him early and glad he likes it.

OP
elearn

elearn

Bully lovin' gypsy
Community Veteran
Jul 31, 2012
Northern New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Herman
Thanks everyone - I'll see if he'll drink some water from my hands to rinse LOL

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
I used to have to hold Brutus down to do this! Now he is used to it :)
Thank god bc I can no longer hold him down :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scueva

Sep 27, 2012
Chicago, IL
Bulldog(s) Names
Duchess
I'm curious about brushing teeth and the frequency. Duchess is on raw diet and this is suppose to keep their teeth exceptionally clean. How often should I still brush her teeth?

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online