General Question heating question

maggies mom

Aug 22, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
maggie
What temperature do you keep your thermostat on in the winter? We took Maggie home in February last year,prior to that I would keep the house at 67 to save oil during the day when we where out. Now that she is here I don't want her to be cold but I cant afford a 700$ bill oil month every month!

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
my thermostat is set at 70 in the winter and now that I'm home all day I keep it there. Before then I would have it turn itself down during the hours when no one was home but only to 60. But that was all before I had bullies. Ever since the boys came to live with us I've been home so the temp stays the same. My boys don't seem cold even when the house is colder than 70. For instance, right now it is only 57 degrees outside but we have our door open and the heat has not been turned on and my thermostat is saying it is 70 in the house and the boys seem okay. I can usually tell when they get cold because they will move closer together and sleep in a pile.

linwhite

Sep 24, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Guido Zamboni - EB, Zoltan - Shortybull, Zeva - Frenchie
68. It has never bothered my dogs. I worry about the heat a lot more because it's really, really hot here most of the year.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
In the winter we keep ours on 68 deg. F. and the bullies seem fine. If you had a very young pup they would need some bedding in their crates to keep them warm, but our adult bullies don't have a problem with it.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
We keep it at 68 in the winter..... they seem to be just fine at that temp

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
I keep mine about 67 to 68 plus the dogs have doggie beds in the living room and in my bedroom so they can snuggle into them if a little chilly

OP
maggies mom

maggies mom

Aug 22, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
maggie
It sounds like 68 is the average ill stick with that and see how it goes :)

Corlando465

Feb 16, 2012
Lexington, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
We have our heat set to go down to 67 at night, but Tank's room is the laundry room between unheated garage and kitchen so I'm sure it get even colder on there. Our house is also on slab foundation and his crate sits on the floor so he does get chilled at night in the winter months. To save energy and keep him warm too, we put an electric oil heater (safest type) in his room on the very lowest setting at night and he says all snug. No more shivering with momma in the mornings.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Keep it at whatever you are comfortable at. Maggie will adapt. If she seems chilly, get her a sweater.... Sweaters are a lot cheaper than fuel oil.

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
Keep it at whatever you are comfortable at. Maggie will adapt. If she seems chilly, get her a sweater.... Sweaters are a lot cheaper than fuel oil.

Aint that the truth!!!

I keep the heat at 70 degrees during the day but down to 65 at night when we're sleeping. But now that I have oil heat that might change.

OP
maggies mom

maggies mom

Aug 22, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
maggie
True much cheaper lol, I guess Im paranoid because she just seems so sensitive to everything!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.