Other Abby - conference call update

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
Sorry that I didn't do this sooner. Yesterday wasn't the best of days around here.

All of her doctors agree, no IV flush just yet. They said that it's not something that can be done here at home because she is too active and feisty, it wouldn't take much for her to rip the IV out of her arm and I'm not qualified to put it back in. It needs to be done in the hospital and they are afraid that being away from us (me?) for 3 days will break her spirit. Her doctor said (and I quote).. "she is beating the odds on her own. She's walking a very fine line, we don't want to upset her apple cart".

So for now she is on the 3 stomach meds. Pepcid and Reglan with breakfast, Reglan at lunch, and Cerenia and Reglan with dinner. Since I'll be home for the foreseeable future I'm going to try feeding her 3 or 4 smaller meals a day too.

I'm going to make some changes to her diet and see if between that makes a difference. I'm going to try to get some extra virgin coconut oil and/or raw honey for her. They're very low phosphorous and high in calories, maybe I can get some weight back on her.

I've been giving her the extra subQ fluids. 300ml am/300pm, they are hoping that will lower her numbers enough to give her more time. Her BUN can't stay this high for long without it doing damage to her other organs. She runs from me now that we're doing it twice a day. She used to sit so nice and fall asleep with her head on my lap. Now I have to chase her and hold her down to get the needle in and bribe her with Cheerios to keep her still :*(

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Now I have to chase her and hold her down to get the needle in and bribe her with Cheerios to keep her still :*(

That is one very smart bully ........... I think she is just playing you to get the Cheerios!!! :2thumbs:

Is there any way that they could do it and you stay with her at the hospital ........... as I'm typing this its probably a stupid idea but thought I'd just throw that out there??

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Best of luck , Bev.... she is a fiesty and smart little girl that knows how to get what she wants from Momma :D

OP
Twice

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
That is one very smart bully ........... I think she is just playing you to get the Cheerios!!! :2thumbs:

:lmaogirl: You're probably right! She does have a bottomless pit at the end of her throat, she'd do anything to get more food :laugh:

Is there any way that they could do it and you stay with her at the hospital ........... as I'm typing this its probably a stupid idea but thought I'd just throw that out there??

I don't think they have a crate big enough for me :(

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I don't think they have a crate big enough for me :(

Hmm.. I don't know...... you should see the mansion of a crate my hubby brought home. I sent him out to get a replacement black crate liner, and he comes back with a crate that could comfortably fit two Great Danes. His story is the box was in the "wrong pile" .......... yeah right... the picture of the golden retriever sitting comfortably in his HUMONGOUS crate didn't give it away!!!!! :sense:

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Well glad she is holding her own and hoping she gets better soon. We are keeping her in our prayers and thoughts. Give her a big hug from us.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
Oh bev I'm praying for abby. I'm praying for you to. I know you will make her better

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Prayers and positive thoughts. Text me anytime :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Thank you for the update, let us know if the subQ helps. When can you find out if it did?

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.