Help Needed! Vomiting/Regurgitation

SavageLucyMom

Aug 10, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Savage and Lucy
My poor babies Savage 10 months and Lucy 9 months are having issues. On Tuesday we woke up to Lucy having thrown up her food in her crate over night. She skipped breakfast and the vet said I could give her dinner so we did and then Wednesday afternoon she threw up again. Her personality was the same and she seemed fine! I kept her hydrated by feeding her ice chips (which she loves)!
Then this morning I wake up to Savage having thrown up his food last night!!

I dont know if it is their food, which is Eukanuba dry food. I just bought a new bag and thats what they have had since their episodes. I have been wanting to change their food for some time now but I was wondering how I go about changing it if their old food is making them sick, mixing that with the new food wont go well! Any tips?

Also they have recently gotten an everlasting treat ball, I dont know if that treat could be the culprit. Any tips or suggestions are greatly appreciated!

-- Concerned Mom

elearn

Bully lovin' gypsy
Community Veteran
Jul 31, 2012
Northern New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Herman
I'm not able to help with the vomiting, the experts will be along soon. But I switched Herman from Eukanuba Pure Puppy to Earthborn. I was always cautious with the Eukanuba because I noticed some stores had older expiration dates than others - this particular line from Eukanuba was very hard to find. So it's possible its the food - or the treat ball. They could be allergic to something in that as well - they have one version that has wheat/soy/corn and they also have a wheat/soy/corn free version.

linwhite

Sep 24, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Guido Zamboni - EB, Zoltan - Shortybull, Zeva - Frenchie
Since it went from one to the other it may have been a bug. Have you had any more episodes with either of them? Pay attention to who has which treat ball so you can see if one or the other ties to the episodes. Also, find a better food. If there are no specialty stores that sell the premium stuff (which is often no more expensive than what you're using) get some online. This site recommends using Petflow and gets a credit if you mention it. Go grain free while you're at it.

Daizy and Dukes mom

Nov 28, 2011
Mansfield, ON
Bulldog(s) Names
Daizy & Duke
I would change their food, I would do a cold switch to something much better. Put canned pumpkin (not pie filling) and some yogurt. Should help with switch. Could they have eaten something outside? If my guys eat bees or frogs, I have non stop vomiting. Have you used any different cleaners or anything like that? Hope they are feeling better soon!

OP
SavageLucyMom

SavageLucyMom

Aug 10, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Savage and Lucy
[MENTION=3801]Daizy and Dukes mom[/MENTION] I have noticed they like to chase crickets lately... I dont know if they ate any!! No new cleaners... But I am going to go to the store today and get new food plus pumpkin! I know with a cold switch I might have some not so nice surprises in the morning but I just want my babies to be happy and not have upset tummies!!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
There is a Dog Flu around in certain areas of the country. I would do the bland diet and slowly transition to a new food. The bland diet does help calm down their tummies and will help your transition to be easier on your dogs. The canned pumpkin can be added to bland diet.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I was going to put exactly what [MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] just said .... don't do a cold switch!! You can use the bland diet for a couple of days to make sure their tummys have fully recovered and then slowly add the kibble.

We use the Fromm 4* range .... you can interchange between the different flavours and they four grain free flavours too. However, only one of the grain free choices are also chicken free and that is the Beef Frittata. That's why you will find the Beef being mentioned a lot here on this site. There are many bullies who are allergic to chicken as well as grain.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
It also could be the food causing acid reflux. Cutty had this reaction to one of the flavored of one of the brands we have gone thru. I think totw but it was just 1 recipe of theirs that did it. I do agree Fromm is the best. I think this is the longest period I have gone on the same brand ever. Anyhow if it is reflux you should know with the bland diet if it stops then starts again with that kibble. Hope it isn't a flu, poor things.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
[MENTION=3801]Daizy and Dukes mom[/MENTION] I have noticed they like to chase crickets lately... I dont know if they ate any!! No new cleaners... But I am going to go to the store today and get new food plus pumpkin! I know with a cold switch I might have some not so nice surprises in the morning but I just want my babies to be happy and not have upset tummies!!

It will not be popular, but I'd be doing the same thing.... get them off the crap food on a bland diet (beef/rice) or new food and stop the treat ball till their tummies settle down. Good luck and keep us posted

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Great advice above about the bland diet and transition in the new food.

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
You've been given some great advice so I have nothing to add other than that I hope they are feeling better real soon!

OP
SavageLucyMom

SavageLucyMom

Aug 10, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Savage and Lucy
UPDATE:: Well I did the bland diet yesterday night... Rice with chicken and Lucy loved it!! She wanted more and more. Savage was not a fan of rice. He doesnt understand it! He tried to lick it and it just flew everywhere!! I ended up having to ball it up and hand feeding it to him!! But so far so good! No tummy troubles and no throwing up!! New food coming soon!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
UPDATE:: Well I did the bland diet yesterday night... Rice with chicken and Lucy loved it!! She wanted more and more. Savage was not a fan of rice. He doesnt understand it! He tried to lick it and it just flew everywhere!! I ended up having to ball it up and hand feeding it to him!! But so far so good! No tummy troubles and no throwing up!! New food coming soon!!

Great to hear they did well.... you can also use noodles instead of rice. My boy, Nitschke was extermely allergic to rice so we used elbow macaroni for him

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
What type of food did you choose for them? I am so glad they are doing better!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I am so glad to hear they stopped throwing up! :whew:

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online