Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pet Insurance

Bulldog(s) Names
    Bacon
    Likes (Received)

Default Pet Insurance

Hello everyone,
    I have been looking into pet insurance since we got Bacon. The issue is that they are very expensive. Do you mind sharing if you have insurance for your EB? If so do you find it worth your hard earned penny?

Thank you in advance

-imageuploadedbytapatalk1348710801-591340-jpg

Bulldog(s) Names
    Gunny Beaufort & Denali (Boxer)
    Likes (Received)

Trupanion and so far yes, every dime.
    I am a master at planking......

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Pet Insurance

I am going to do a search and try to put a couple links in here to a couple great thread we had awhile back. They had lots of replies and great info.

We do have Trupanion but have never had a claim.

http://www.englishbulldognews.com/fo...ight=insurance

http://www.englishbulldognews.com/fo...ight=insurance

It looks like a duplicate link but it's two different threads!
    Last edited by JAKEISGREAT; 09-26-2012 at 10:27 PM.

Bulldog Walker Become a 4 Paw Member Bruno and Gidget's Avatar
    Real Name
    Gloria
    Country
    Australia
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bruno & Gidget
    Likes (Received)

Swear by it!

Bully Bootie Duty
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Buddy
    Likes (Received)

I was given a free month of Trupanion from my vet after Buddys health checkup 48 hours after arriving from the breeder. It paid off his ear infection ( if thats what it reallty is) and he contacted parvo somehow even after being vacanated 5 times for it and my vets office faxed Trupanion my bill the day I picked Buddy up ( $1871.00) that was 2 weeks ago tomorrow. Well in a weeks times they have settled the claim ( $1,647.00) and already sent out a check for me , Of course I chose a 0 deductible and added the hip displasia option. I pay $139.00 a month but it has paid off and worth every penny.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Gunny Beaufort & Denali (Boxer)
    Likes (Received)

Wow. I don't pay even close to that for our Trupanion. We have the $0 deductible as well.
    I am a master at planking......

Bulldog(s) Names
    philly
    Likes (Received)

We have healthy paws, w/ 200 ded. a yr 90% cov. We pay around 39 a month. It includes hip dis.

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Trupanion WILL raise rates after a year. We have never had a claim and our rate went from $32 to $45. But in order to get at $45 I had to choose $500 deductible. Does include hip dysphasia ..and I'm sure it's worth it..but just wanted you to know rates will go up!

Real Name
    Hans Gruber
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bacon
    Likes (Received)

We have trupanion too and haven't put in a claim yet on it. I think we pay 39 a month as well, and we look at it from the stand point of, if we have it we won't need it. If we didn't have it something bad would happen and we would be out of pocket big time.

Bully Bootie Duty
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Buddy
    Likes (Received)

Maybe rates went up but I first got a free month of it with my vet because it was a promo thing when Buddy arrived in June/ then I went online and did a consumers rating regarding the best health insurance for pets and Trupanion got much more and better reviews. Also There is a little sliding arrow. as well as breed of dog. age of dog ( cat or w/e) and I wanted NO deductible. I could pay less if I had more dedectible. The hip displasia is an added option. seperate which covers a few other things if I remember right ( I forgot) but that ALONE is a $39.00 upgrade with 0 deuctible..

Real Name
    Kim
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Winslow
    Likes (Received)

I got Trupanion...I had the free trial too, and during that I had to file a claim for ear infection and skin stuff, and they were very prompt at sending me my check in a couple of weeks! I ended up signing up for the real deal, and I pay $65 for a $300 deductible with the hip displaysia package. Winslow had another skin problem, cost me almost 300, so I've already almost met my deductible after 1 visit.

ANyways, the key was (from what I read on some of the other threads on here, is to sign your eb up as just "bulldog" because thats what the AKC recognizes english bulldogs as....Initially, I had him as an english bulldog, and it was MUCH higher of a premium (stupid...). Looking at his paperwork, it sure enough does say "bulldog", so I called Trupanion and it was no problem changing it and the rates went down Just in case, I also had the vet change it in their computer, so it matches when I send in receipts and stuff.

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

We had the trupanion and for the first year it was great, and yes we did have to use it for Maggie. Then after a year they more than doubled my monthly premium and came up with some crap about the vets increasing their fees so they had to do the same. Bull

To get the monthly payment down to anything like I could afford I had to accept a deductible of $450. As most of our vet visits have been under that it just seemed to be a massive waste of money.

They make you jump through hoops to get it cancelled too. Won't accept your cancellation until you've spoken to one of their customer reps and even then you have to get a letter confirming it's been done. In my letter they got Maggie's name wrong which did not impress me one little bit. Can't remember the name for sure now, but I think they called her something like Bentley all the way through the letter.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads