Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
If anyone is still reading this thread. I called Trupanion because my rate WAS $139.00 monthly WITH the hip displasia. Well I called yesterday and asked about the bulldog and english bulldog rate and let the associate know that the AKC recognizes a bulldog AS an english bulldog and the woman on the phone said oo yes and told me my rate was adjusted and now my payment went from the $139.00 down to $101.00 monthly.. Thank you for mentioning that because it did change my payment and saves me almost $40.00 a month. I asked her or made the comment that I hope this didn't jepordize Buddys policy and she assured me it did not..

Yes just make sure your vet also lists as bulldog as well :)

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

babyjax

Aug 29, 2012
tx
Bulldog(s) Names
Jax
I don't have pet insurance but I did sign up for the wellness plan at Petsmart. I pay $32.00 a month and it covers all the office visits, exams, shots,dental, pretty much all of the preventive care plus they give me a discount on all the other emergency stuff. I already saved over $2000.00 in one year since i switched. Jax always had issues and his other vet always charged for the office visit and it was just way too expensive. Now i don't have to worry about money when i take him to the vet. Its pretty much covered. If you are like me worried about any minor health thing and take him to the vet often than I would recommend it. Jax had mange, allergies, bacterial infection, staph infection, got stung by a stupid bee.... the list goes on.

joeyduda

Oct 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Blake
I don't have pet insurance but I did sign up for the wellness plan at Petsmart. I pay $32.00 a month and it covers all the office visits, exams, shots,dental, pretty much all of the preventive care plus they give me a discount on all the other emergency stuff. I already saved over $2000.00 in one year since i switched. Jax always had issues and his other vet always charged for the office visit and it was just way too expensive. Now i don't have to worry about money when i take him to the vet. Its pretty much covered. If you are like me worried about any minor health thing and take him to the vet often than I would recommend it. Jax had mange, allergies, bacterial infection, staph infection, got stung by a stupid bee.... the list goes on.

does it cover medications if needed?

DesertBum

Sep 11, 2012
Tucson, AZ
Bulldog(s) Names
Xena
I've got my choices narrowed down to 2 ( I hope ). Trupanion or Healthy Paws. HP only gives me a choice of english bulldog or bulldog (american). There is no choice for just bulldog. The bulldog (american) is $20 a month cheaper than english. I'm all for saving a buck, but I would hate to run into some kind of denial on my claim by not picking the english one. Anyone have any experience?

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I live in Canada, and was recommended Petsecure. We pay $ 125.00 a month for the level 4 puppy wellness package. This covers no limit per year for any illness, no limit, for accidents including motor vehicle, or accidental ingestion. It covers all puppy series vaccinations, rabies, leptovirus, all puppy stool samples, heart worm testing, and prevention, flea prevention,revolution for 6 months, blood profiles, urinalysis, fecal testing, spay or neuter, microchip, dew claw removal, $600 per for Dental, and $ 350 per year for special coverage, which includes 3 categories, alternative treatments, behavioural therapies, and medical devices. The lady on the phone suggested this plan for the first 8 months to a year, until all the puppy vet visits are done, then she said to drop down to level 2 or 3 , which covers $ 5,000 per year for accidents, and $ 5,000 for illness per year, $ 400 for dental, and $ 350 for special coverage. The premium then drops down to $ 45 per month for level 2 and $ 55 for level 3, you can change levels at any time, and there are no contracts. There is a once a year deductible of $250, and they place the cash directly into your bank account within 5 business days. Coverage is 80%, which really helps.

angelIV

Aug 19, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
philly
I've got my choices narrowed down to 2 ( I hope ). Trupanion or Healthy Paws. HP only gives me a choice of english bulldog or bulldog (american). There is no choice for just bulldog. The bulldog (american) is $20 a month cheaper than english. I'm all for saving a buck, but I would hate to run into some kind of denial on my claim by not picking the english one. Anyone have any experience?

if your going to HP be sure to put it it as EB, they will asked you to fax a check up from your vet. they would know the breed from your vet. I have HP its the cheapest i found, i have wellness thru my employer. i pay for wellness around a 1 a month covers 25% check ups and vaccines.

Last edited:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.