Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 13 to 22 of 22

Thread: Pet Insurance

  1. #13
    Bully Bootie Duty
    Location
    Palm Beach County Florida
    Posts
    180
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Buddy
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Pet Insurance

    Intersting info. I am sure glad I had it for Buddy. I think it can be important for the first year of a puppys life then maybe after 5 years of age but it is always a gamble and ofcourse if your bullie has a pre-existing condition they won't insure. I am going to call trupanion and ask if Buddy can be changed under the bulldog. When I first started paying for it. I intentionally asked if he should be which because it had no english bulldog and the sales rep ofcourse changed it and upped the rate. I am going to call them tomorrow. I know they are open now but will wait till the morning. Thanks all

  2. #14
    Kennel Cleaner Loves Bacon's Avatar
    Location
    California
    Posts
    89
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bacon
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default

    Thanks guys, I actually started the 1 month trial the other day and yes we listed her as an EB. I will call too and see what my rates would be if they list her as just a bulldog. If they even do it at all.

  3. #15
    Bully Bootie Duty
    Location
    Palm Beach County Florida
    Posts
    180
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Buddy
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Pet Insurance

    If anyone is still reading this thread. I called Trupanion because my rate WAS $139.00 monthly WITH the hip displasia. Well I called yesterday and asked about the bulldog and english bulldog rate and let the associate know that the AKC recognizes a bulldog AS an english bulldog and the woman on the phone said oo yes and told me my rate was adjusted and now my payment went from the $139.00 down to $101.00 monthly.. Thank you for mentioning that because it did change my payment and saves me almost $40.00 a month. I asked her or made the comment that I hope this didn't jepordize Buddys policy and she assured me it did not..

  4. #16
    Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    bullmama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Tucson, Arizona
    Posts
    25,362
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    2312
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hero4u2b View Post
    If anyone is still reading this thread. I called Trupanion because my rate WAS $139.00 monthly WITH the hip displasia. Well I called yesterday and asked about the bulldog and english bulldog rate and let the associate know that the AKC recognizes a bulldog AS an english bulldog and the woman on the phone said oo yes and told me my rate was adjusted and now my payment went from the $139.00 down to $101.00 monthly.. Thank you for mentioning that because it did change my payment and saves me almost $40.00 a month. I asked her or made the comment that I hope this didn't jepordize Buddys policy and she assured me it did not..
    Yes just make sure your vet also lists as bulldog as well


    Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

    Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

  5. #17
    Newbie babyjax's Avatar
    Location
    tx
    Posts
    22
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jax
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Pet Insurance

    I don't have pet insurance but I did sign up for the wellness plan at Petsmart. I pay $32.00 a month and it covers all the office visits, exams, shots,dental, pretty much all of the preventive care plus they give me a discount on all the other emergency stuff. I already saved over $2000.00 in one year since i switched. Jax always had issues and his other vet always charged for the office visit and it was just way too expensive. Now i don't have to worry about money when i take him to the vet. Its pretty much covered. If you are like me worried about any minor health thing and take him to the vet often than I would recommend it. Jax had mange, allergies, bacterial infection, staph infection, got stung by a stupid bee.... the list goes on.

  6. #18
    Newbie
    Posts
    11
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Blake
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Pet Insurance

    Quote Originally Posted by babyjax View Post
    I don't have pet insurance but I did sign up for the wellness plan at Petsmart. I pay $32.00 a month and it covers all the office visits, exams, shots,dental, pretty much all of the preventive care plus they give me a discount on all the other emergency stuff. I already saved over $2000.00 in one year since i switched. Jax always had issues and his other vet always charged for the office visit and it was just way too expensive. Now i don't have to worry about money when i take him to the vet. Its pretty much covered. If you are like me worried about any minor health thing and take him to the vet often than I would recommend it. Jax had mange, allergies, bacterial infection, staph infection, got stung by a stupid bee.... the list goes on.
    does it cover medications if needed?

  7. #19
    Drool Catcher Become a 4 Paw Member DesertBum's Avatar
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    233
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Xena
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Pet Insurance

    I've got my choices narrowed down to 2 ( I hope ). Trupanion or Healthy Paws. HP only gives me a choice of english bulldog or bulldog (american). There is no choice for just bulldog. The bulldog (american) is $20 a month cheaper than english. I'm all for saving a buck, but I would hate to run into some kind of denial on my claim by not picking the english one. Anyone have any experience?
    Only a biker knows why a dog sticks his head out the car window

  8. #20
    Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Vikinggirl's Avatar
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Location
    Burlington, ON Canada
    Posts
    9,636
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)
    2118

    Default Re: Pet Insurance

    I live in Canada, and was recommended Petsecure. We pay $ 125.00 a month for the level 4 puppy wellness package. This covers no limit per year for any illness, no limit, for accidents including motor vehicle, or accidental ingestion. It covers all puppy series vaccinations, rabies, leptovirus, all puppy stool samples, heart worm testing, and prevention, flea prevention,revolution for 6 months, blood profiles, urinalysis, fecal testing, spay or neuter, microchip, dew claw removal, $600 per for Dental, and $ 350 per year for special coverage, which includes 3 categories, alternative treatments, behavioural therapies, and medical devices. The lady on the phone suggested this plan for the first 8 months to a year, until all the puppy vet visits are done, then she said to drop down to level 2 or 3 , which covers $ 5,000 per year for accidents, and $ 5,000 for illness per year, $ 400 for dental, and $ 350 for special coverage. The premium then drops down to $ 45 per month for level 2 and $ 55 for level 3, you can change levels at any time, and there are no contracts. There is a once a year deductible of $250, and they place the cash directly into your bank account within 5 business days. Coverage is 80%, which really helps.

  9. #21
    Wrinkle Wiper angelIV's Avatar
    Posts
    133
    Bulldog(s) Names
    philly
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Pet Insurance

    Quote Originally Posted by DesertBum View Post
    I've got my choices narrowed down to 2 ( I hope ). Trupanion or Healthy Paws. HP only gives me a choice of english bulldog or bulldog (american). There is no choice for just bulldog. The bulldog (american) is $20 a month cheaper than english. I'm all for saving a buck, but I would hate to run into some kind of denial on my claim by not picking the english one. Anyone have any experience?
    if your going to HP be sure to put it it as EB, they will asked you to fax a check up from your vet. they would know the breed from your vet. I have HP its the cheapest i found, i have wellness thru my employer. i pay for wellness around a 1 a month covers 25% check ups and vaccines.
    Last edited by angelIV; 11-09-2012 at 03:33 PM.

  10. #22
    Newbie Bully907's Avatar
    Location
    Fort Bragg, NC
    Posts
    13
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Charlie
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Pet Insurance

    I have not picked a pet insurance but this website really breaks it down, how accurate it is I dont know but like everything on the internet you take it with a grain of salt.
    http://www.petinsurancereview.com/dog.asp

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •