Help Needed! Help needed please!! over excessive bladder!!

reillysmom

Jul 12, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Bulldog(s) Names
Reilly
Just for the past month, Reilly my 7 year old bully has been peeing and pooping in our house. He would never do this. Just this month he started peeing all over the place and even doing it in the middle of the night in our room!! i am at wits end and have put his water bowl away at night and everything. I am worried he may have something wrong with him. Diet did change to Great Life dog food for 3 weeks. I was thinking maybe it could be that! I switched back to his normal Lamb and Rice Natural balance as of today to see if that makes a difference or not. Has anyone ever experienced this with their bulldog? Thanks.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I wonder if he possibly has a UTI? The signs are lots of peeing in little amounts, straining to pee, and sometimes if it's bad there will also be blood in the urine.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

SunDog

Mar 26, 2011
California
Bulldog(s) Names
Lupe (or Lulu)
This sounds like a vet visit, just to get some baseline tests, then you're in a better position to address anything behavioral. Our 9-year old Boston leaves us a gift every so often in the morning, but it's clear she's being lazy and can't bring herself to wakeup and use the dog door.

I'd hesitate to withhold water. Monitoring how much water is consumed is important. Hope it all works out! So sorry.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Given the age, I too would go for a vet visit. The UTI would certainly cause the peeing in the house, but not too sure about the pooping.

Why did you switch the food from Natural Balance to Great Life?? I'll be honest... I've never heard of Great Life food so I can't really comment on how good it is.

LisaMarie

Community Veteran
Jan 13, 2011
Burlington, Vermont
Bulldog(s) Names
Mocha Bubbles
I agree that a vet visit is in order here. It dosent sound right to me. Also, did you check the expiration date on the new food??

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.