Other Abby to the ER today (long, sorry)

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
:hug: and :pray: that she improves quickly!

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Whenever I'm in tears over Vegas and I'm feeling sorry for myself...I think of you and all the others who have babies that are sick. It puts it into perspective..what everyone has to go thru, the love we have for these little souls. We do it because of love. It's hard to try and explain what all goes into caring for a bulldog like Abby, Bella, Vegas, Chevy...and all the others that have found their way here.
I admire you and your strength. My heart goes out to everyone who has a special needs bulldog, it really does. This summer was horrible for me. I wasn't sure if Vegas was dying or not. I was scared. Every. Single. Day. Every day, every minute, every hour. I was picking him up off the floor, having to hand feed him because he was unable to pick food up in his mouth, babying him, cuddling him..........not knowing if the next week would be his last.

Thank you for sharing your story and keeping us up to date. I truly think you are an amazing person. Hugs to both you and Abby.

Meggs19

Oct 14, 2011
Madison, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Tonka
Prayers go out to your sweet baby!!! It is such a blessing that Abby ended up with you! You are such a strong and loving person and I give you SO much credit for all the research and the effort you put into helping her be a fighter. So many people would have thrown in the towel and become defeated but you continue to help her fight and that is so admirable. Some dog owners feel that after a certain amount of time/money have been put in, then they have reached the end of their rope and they let what's gonna happen just happen, but I personally have never been that kind of person and I love to see others who feel the same about their babies. You are truly her guardian angel!

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Everytime I see one of your posts, I hold my breath and block the tears. My heart goes out to you, you are such a great mom and I wish I was closer to help you out.

I feel the same way. I always feel so wonderful after reading the post when I find out that Abby has again beat the odds! She truly is a little miracle girl and her mama is the reason! *thinking good thoughts for your conference with the docs*

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
oh bev wow thats awful. gosh i sure hope the universe gets this stuff all straightened out and you can have a break. i wish i could do something to help you. your strength and abbys is amazing. i think anyone who has a special needs bully is a very special person.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
You two are an inspiration:hug:

OP
Twice

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
This summer was horrible for me. I wasn't sure if Vegas was dying or not. I was scared. Every. Single. Day. Every day, every minute, every hour. I was picking him up off the floor, having to hand feed him because he was unable to pick food up in his mouth, babying him, cuddling him..........not knowing if the next week would be his last.

How is Vegas now? I love him :)

It's hard living with the knowledge that any day could be their last. But the same could be said for people right? I think all any of us can do is make the most of whatever todays we are given.

I don't know how much longer Abby will be with us. According to her doctors, I shouldn't have her now. Any infection or virus or even stress can spike her numbers and I could lose her. When she had that GI thing back in July her BUN hit 230. She should have had seizures and all kinds of other issues. Her blood was so toxic that other organs could have (should have) started to shut down. But by some miracle she didn't.

The sucky thing about kidney disease is that the end can come very suddenly or very slowly. Knowing that just makes each today twice as special as yesterday. My prayers each night are just for one more tomorrow and we take it from there :)

Sweetie head is driving this bus. I'm just a co-pilot. My job is just to hold her in place for one more step forward :)

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
How is Vegas now? I love him :)

It's hard living with the knowledge that any day could be their last. But the same could be said for people right? I think all any of us can do is make the most of whatever todays we are given.

I don't know how much longer Abby will be with us. According to her doctors, I shouldn't have her now. Any infection or virus or even stress can spike her numbers and I could lose her. When she had that GI thing back in July her BUN hit 230. She should have had seizures and all kinds of other issues. Her blood was so toxic that other organs could have (should have) started to shut down. But by some miracle she didn't.

The sucky thing about kidney disease is that the end can come very suddenly or very slowly. Knowing that just makes each today twice as special as yesterday. My prayers each night are just for one more tomorrow and we take it from there :)

Sweetie head is driving this bus. I'm just a co-pilot. My job is just to hold her in place for one more step forward :)

I so love how much you love her! You say she is the miracle, I think YOU r her miracle. Without you her life would never have been what it is today. Hugs to you both!!

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
Way to go Abby, what a trooper. Hoping you are back to yourself in no time. Thinking of you both (and Otis)

L

Lucy-licious

I so love how much you love her! You say she is the miracle, I think YOU r her miracle. Without you her life would never have been what it is today. Hugs to you both!!

I couldnt have put it any better :love:

[MENTION=4225]Twice[/MENTION] I pray that Abby will feel better soon and that you can find a safe way to get her BUN down :hug:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Abby is truly a miracle, but she could not have made it without a miracle mamma. You are an inspiration to us all, you are so humble, but you don't see it like we do. We know most of this world would not have gone through What you have for her. She is a fighter, because you have not given up on her. You both amaze me, and make me want to be a better person. I hope you have some good news on how to get her BUN down safely. I am so glad you have a team of vets that care so much about her, too. :hug:

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.