Help Needed! My puppy is eating too fast

lulu12

Sep 24, 2012
Indiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Lu Lu
We purchased a slow feed bowl for our new puppy, plastic with divider in it from Petco. She has trouble eating from it, has trouble getting her face in to the food. I need something to slow her down. I feed her 1/12 cups twice a day, per the bag instructions. She is 16 lbs and 3 mos old. She is highly motivated by food and sometimes even throws up after and it’s obvious she didn’t chew her food.
Do all English Bull Dogs eat like this? What can I do? Should I keep her on the slow feed bowl?

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Get a slow feed ball! We got a Pacer ball from Amazon and it worked great! Its porcelain so heavy and can go in dishwasher. Jake couldn't use bowls either.

FYI..This can be dangerous and lead to bloat. Good for you for correcting this quickly.

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
Get a 12 cupcake, cupcake pan, they are shallow enough, and you can put the food in each little compartment, they do have to work a bit, but they definately can't gulp it down.

I used this for Hershey until he was about 5 months old, and then went to a slow feed bowl, with the dividers

greek

Aug 25, 2012
Brownstown,Indiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Mojo
Get a slow feed ball! We got a Pacer ball from Amazon and it worked great! Its porcelain so heavy and can go in dishwasher. Jake couldn't use bowls either.

FYI..This can be dangerous and lead to bloat. Good for you for correcting this quickly.
Is there no chance they can swallow slow feed ball ?

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
We got Bacon a slow feed bowl it's round with a big dome in the middle. Initially I thought the same thing, that he couldn't get his head in there to eat. Well I was wrong, he is very determined when it comes to his food and it definitely slowed his eating down, so did switching him from TOTW to Fromm

KaidasMom

Jun 25, 2012
Anchorage, AK
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Kaida
We also bought Kaida a pacer ball on Amazon (it's weighted so she can't just paw it out) and it's stainless steel/dishwasher safe.

It works really well pretty well. Not sure what else we could do to slow her down. She has to work around the ball, so we're happy with it.

elearn

Bully lovin' gypsy
Community Veteran
Jul 31, 2012
Northern New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Herman
Get a 12 cupcake, cupcake pan, they are shallow enough, and you can put the food in each little compartment, they do have to work a bit, but they definately can't gulp it down.

I used this for Hershey until he was about 5 months old, and then went to a slow feed bowl, with the dividers

What a nifty idea :)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.