Help Needed! Bloody discharge after spay

Charlottem304

Feb 5, 2015
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Camilla
Yeah what she said.......:D

Hi, do you mind telling me what happened?
I got my Frenchie spayed exactly 7 days ago. shes a 3,5 year old and had just started her heat cycle two days before being spayed. 2 days ago she had very small spots on blood a couple times after she peed. Yesterday nothing. Today she had a small piece of clumpy mucus like reddish brown discharge. im very worried but not getting many answers from my vet.

Charlottem304

Feb 5, 2015
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Camilla
image.jpgHere is the pic of the discharge. Wonder if it looks like how yours was.

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Hi, do you mind telling me what happened?
I got my Frenchie spayed exactly 7 days ago. shes a 3,5 year old and had just started her heat cycle two days before being spayed. 2 days ago she had very small spots on blood a couple times after she peed. Yesterday nothing. Today she had a small piece of clumpy mucus like reddish brown discharge. im very worried but not getting many answers from my vet.

Hello Charlotte, that looks normal to me. Just like a woman, female dogs get bloody clots that will discharge from the vulva. And since she was spayed, and spayed while she was in heat, that's more than likely the remnants of the blood that are left over in her system. If I recall my vet saying, it's the body's way of purging the left over. I imagine when your vet does call you back, he will tell you she's fine but if it continues for more than a few days he'll want to see her.

Keep us posted on Camilla please. :hug:

Elicea Webber

Jul 17, 2015
Heard back from her vet via email. He said that some discharge is normal as the cervix is shrinking and wanted to know if she is eating and drinking water. She is so I just let him know that.

I feel very lucky to have him as her vet. :2thumbs:

Hi! I was wondering if you could tell me how long it ended up lasting and if you had an other problems? My baby is just over a year and I waited about 6 weeks after she stopped bleeding from her heat cycle before getting her fixed. It was done in July 3, and she has suddenly had this gooey bloody discharge. When she urinates, it strings down before falling. So weird. She has a normal appetite, a ton of energy, and overall seems healthy. I thought that if it doesn't stop by Sunday July 19 I'd take her in but I'd like to know what to expect in the meantime or get an idea as to how long this might go on. I'm including a photo, but it doesn't really do the gooey consistency justice. Thoughts?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 164
OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Hi! I was wondering if you could tell me how long it ended up lasting and if you had an other problems? My baby is just over a year and I waited about 6 weeks after she stopped bleeding from her heat cycle before getting her fixed. It was done in July 3, and she has suddenly had this gooey bloody discharge. When she urinates, it strings down before falling. So weird. She has a normal appetite, a ton of energy, and overall seems healthy. I thought that if it doesn't stop by Sunday July 19 I'd take her in but I'd like to know what to expect in the meantime or get an idea as to how long this might go on. I'm including a photo, but it doesn't really do the gooey consistency justice. Thoughts?

If I recall right, it lasted a few week, give or take a day. She probaly has a lot of goo up there. Have you called her vet yet to double check? Sorry for my lateness, I only check in every few days or so.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
This also happened to my girl, she bled like crazy. My vet said this can happen if their heat cycle was about ready to start or if it was right after. She was likely going to start. luckily I didn't freak out because I read this thread. But I phoned my vet anyway just so they were aware of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.