URGENT!!! Bongo has a runny nose sneezing and some greenish discharge?

Fbjdd

Mar 16, 2012
Coquitlam, British Columbia, Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bongo
Hi all,

Little worried bongo had a bath ten in the days to follow he got a sneeze now there seem to be some green boogers coming out what is this?
I've red that colored discharge usually means infection is that true? He has energy eating and pooping fine any help would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPad
Frank & Bongo

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
hm i dunno but maybe if it continues or if other symptoms come up might need a vet visit. im sure others will be along who know more. i hope he feels better soon. :hug:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
He could have an upper respiratory infection. Has he been around other dogs lately? Is he eating and drinking normally and just as active as usual? I would take his temperature, should be around 99-101 F and probably take him to the vet. Give him a hug and kiss!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Does his chest rattle? Anything that rattles or coughing....speed to the vet. I'd be worried about the upper respiratory infection. Did he aspirate any bath water? Aspirating water into the lungs can cause pneumonia...which can potentially be very serious. BUT....if is stops at the green boogies, I think (with a normal temp) might just be a bug. Dogs get the flu too (at least that is what someone told me!!) Either way...keep an eye on him. Take him to the vet if you feel his symptoms are getting worse.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Hi all,

Little worried bongo had a bath ten in the days to follow he got a sneeze now there seem to be some green boogers coming out what is this?
I've red that colored discharge usually means infection is that true? He has energy eating and pooping fine any help would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPad
Frank & Bongo

Hi, I just read this and wanted to say, there is a dog flu going around and the vets are diagnosing it as kennel cough. Just a heads up. you could Google "bulldog has green discharge from nose" keep us posted.
thanks

Libra926

Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
[MENTION=1714]Sherry[/MENTION]

I must have heard if from you earlier then!

Libra926

Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Vegas aspirated when he had a grand mal seizure. That was so scary. Mark and I were laying on the floor waiting for 7am to roll around. That's when our vet office opened. Vegas was coughing and throwing up every few minutes. He was up all night long. We couldn't wait any longer and decided to go to the 24 hour ER that was about 15 mins away. They treated him there. Poor poor sick baby.

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
Otis has that. I know that in people, greenish discharge usually means infection. 2 weeks of antibiotics didn't help him at all. I just make it a point to always have tissues. Hopefully it will clear up when allergy season is over.

I would take him to the doctors tho. You can't be too careful with these things.

OP
Fbjdd

Fbjdd

Mar 16, 2012
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bongo
Hi, I just read this and wanted to say, there is a dog flu going around and the vets are diagnosing it as kennel cough. Just a heads up. you could Google "bulldog has green discharge from nose" keep us posted.
thanks

Doc says infection dog flu. Got antibiotics no fever only symptom is sneezing and green boogers. Everything else was good chest strong heart strong lymph odes little swollen. She says 7 days should be gone may have gotten it from dog park or water in nose during last bath.
arevejys.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using
Frank. D

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
oh im glad to hear you took him and that he got the medication he needs to get better. ill be looking for the hes better post soon. :2thumbs:

OP
Fbjdd

Fbjdd

Mar 16, 2012
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bongo
Bongo is all better he finished his antibiotics and is back to his old self. My vet is awesome and knows the breed so well I'm thankful. Turned out it was just the doggie flu.

Frank. D

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Bongo is all better he finished his antibiotics and is back to his old self. My vet is awesome and knows the breed so well I'm thankful. Turned out it was just the doggie flu.

Frank. D

Glad to hear all is better! :whew:

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Great News, now we can get into the fall allergies. :cry:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.