Fur Questions...

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
First question is this. When you bathe your bullies and then brush them. Does it seem like the shedding is never ending? I can brush Abby over and over again and it never seems to slow down, especially after a bath.

Another thing I noticed today. She is older and tends to lay around quite a bit. Today I noticed red-hairless areas are starting to develop at her "elbows" I don't know if this is from her just laying around, her age (9yo) or a reaction to something. She is also getting skin tags developing, why now? :confused:

Last edited:

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Vegas is still young (15 months) so no bald spots on his elbows, BUT, OH YES, after a bath!! He sheds bad enough any day of the week, but he is especially bad for shedding after a bath, I have to clean his brush several times and it still is never ending~! Then while he is still damp he runs along my dining room wall with his body several times trying to dry himself off and of course leaving massive hair all over my wall.

bbstubbles

Jan 31, 2010
Tucson, AZ
Bulldog(s) Names
Olaf & Ivana
Ha we just bathed both of ours yesterday and olaf shed like crazy! Ivana's hair is shorter than his and she never sheds and didnt after the bath...wierd. Hmmmm the balding does sound like old age as it is in places (joints) that probably get rubbed on a lot. Just keep an eye and watch for spreading in other places that dont get wear and tear I suppose. Ehhh skin tags wont hurt just not attractive ;)

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I agree with bbstubbles, I think those could be 'laying around' evidence. Skin tags I believe are pretty common with old age in dogs. I got many tags during my pregnancies during hormonal changes. Could also be related. Maybe she is going through doggiepaus?

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
I have a proof reading problem also.

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Bentley had marks on his elbows from laying around and he was six. We asked the vet and he said it was totally normal. We have no experience with skin tags though but it sounds like a pretty benign thing for a lady Abby's age.

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
Most of the senior dogs I've had and known seem to get a litte "lumpy and bumpy" with age, skin tags included. I would say it's totally normal. Samson sheds like a beast, never noticed if it happens anymore when he has just been bathed. The only time I notice he sheds more is at the vet which I can assume is because of stress, didn't put the 2 together until desertsky said Molly sheds more at the vet than normal as well.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.