Help Needed! Is my bulldog overweight? And, any Vet suggestions for Waco, TX area?

waiting

Sep 20, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
none yet
Could you please posts some more pics up.
Hard to tell from that angle and curved.
I would like to see bang on, on top, and also from the side to see the tuck that is a good indication of being overweight if it is not tight, and thigh leading down to leg etc.
tks.

waiting

Sep 20, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
none yet
From that picture he looks like my Jax even the colors. Jax is at 65 pounds and his new vet said he is overweight but he is perfectly healthy in my opinion, well now he is since i just switched him from Royal Canine Bulldog to Fromm Beef Frittata. In just 2 weeks I noticed a big change in him. No more allergies and hives and his hair is starting to grow back and he eats less than half of what he used to. In my opinion a great food makes a big diffrence. Like everyone said, every dog is diffrent and try to change foods slowly so that it won't upset his stomach.

I sometimes think we need to be a little more open to when a vet requests some weight off.
As it is only a suggestion for not just the moment but down the road.
The weight might not effect at present but as time rolls on it is harder to get off and it has already done it's damage to the heart, hips etc. We should be proactive.....imo

Fbjdd

Mar 16, 2012
Coquitlam, British Columbia, Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bongo
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349506776.802479.jpg
This is a pic of Bongo at 7 months see the taper from his head shoulder then waist. I always say they should have a bodybuilder body broad shoulders and chest down to a nice narrow waste. He's eating grain free Fromm.

Sent from my iPhone using
Frank. D

OP
L

LunchBox

Sep 21, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
LunchBox
I'll see if I can get a better picture up later this week! I am still in the process of slowly switching his food & he's already eating way less than I'd expect. I'm really surprised given how big he was when we adopted him. I expected him to go through the food super fast but he doesn't at all! That's a relief on my pocket book since the food is pretty expensive. :)

loveabully

Community Veteran
Jul 20, 2012
california
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Franklin AKA Frank the Tank
:butterfly: he doesn't look overweight to me. I like his markings franklin is dark on top an lighter on his sides to. I have my dogs on blue buffalo wilderness its grain free an its a six star food they are doing a lot better than they were on blue buffalo basics on that they were. :poo: 4 to 5 times a day an now they only go twice a day It's much better he's not itchy like he was but I think his tear stains got worse for some reason but good luck with your new bully I'm sure you will do the very best for him

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.