Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is my bulldog overweight? And, any Vet suggestions for Waco, TX area?

Head Pooper Scooper I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    David
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Is my bulldog overweight? And, any Vet suggestions for Waco, TX area?

@LunchBox he looks great in the pic, and if you can easily feel his ribs, he is good. You just should not be able to see the ribs. Blue Buffalo is a good food, a friend of ours feeds her bullies this food and they are doing well on it. It really just depends on your bully. Some will do well on one food and others may not. It is just trial and error.
    Have a Great Bully Day.
    Member of The Bulldog Club of America, The Bulldog Club of Texas and French Bulldog Club of America.
    Bully hugs from - BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri & Katie

Bulldog(s) Names
    LunchBox
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Is my bulldog overweight? And, any Vet suggestions for Waco, TX area?

It sounds like he is the right weight for his frame then. My husband will be happy to know he was right! I will check out the sponsor mentioned for buying dog food. Thanks for the tip!

I'm guessing noone has any ideas on a Waco (or surrounding area) vet? I checked out the vet page here & didn't see one listed that was within my (needed) driving range. I may just need to start calling around to see what I can find out.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Jax
    Likes (Received)

From that picture he looks like my Jax even the colors. Jax is at 65 pounds and his new vet said he is overweight but he is perfectly healthy in my opinion, well now he is since i just switched him from Royal Canine Bulldog to Fromm Beef Frittata. In just 2 weeks I noticed a big change in him. No more allergies and hives and his hair is starting to grow back and he eats less than half of what he used to. In my opinion a great food makes a big diffrence. Like everyone said, every dog is diffrent and try to change foods slowly so that it won't upset his stomach.

Bulldog(s) Names
    none yet
    Likes (Received)

Could you please posts some more pics up.
    Hard to tell from that angle and curved.
    I would like to see bang on, on top, and also from the side to see the tuck that is a good indication of being overweight if it is not tight, and thigh leading down to leg etc.
    tks.

Bulldog(s) Names
    none yet
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by babyjax View Post
    From that picture he looks like my Jax even the colors. Jax is at 65 pounds and his new vet said he is overweight but he is perfectly healthy in my opinion, well now he is since i just switched him from Royal Canine Bulldog to Fromm Beef Frittata. In just 2 weeks I noticed a big change in him. No more allergies and hives and his hair is starting to grow back and he eats less than half of what he used to. In my opinion a great food makes a big diffrence. Like everyone said, every dog is diffrent and try to change foods slowly so that it won't upset his stomach.
    I sometimes think we need to be a little more open to when a vet requests some weight off.
    As it is only a suggestion for not just the moment but down the road.
    The weight might not effect at present but as time rolls on it is harder to get off and it has already done it's damage to the heart, hips etc. We should be proactive.....imo

Real Name
    Frank
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bongo
    Likes (Received)

-imageuploadedbytapatalk1349506776-802479-jpg
    This is a pic of Bongo at 7 months see the taper from his head shoulder then waist. I always say they should have a bodybuilder body broad shoulders and chest down to a nice narrow waste. He's eating grain free Fromm.

Sent from my iPhone using
    Frank. D
    Thanks,
    Frank & Bongo

Bulldog(s) Names
    LunchBox
    Likes (Received)

I'll see if I can get a better picture up later this week! I am still in the process of slowly switching his food & he's already eating way less than I'd expect. I'm really surprised given how big he was when we adopted him. I expected him to go through the food super fast but he doesn't at all! That's a relief on my pocket book since the food is pretty expensive.

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Ali
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Franklin AKA Frank the Tank
    Likes (Received)

he doesn't look overweight to me. I like his markings franklin is dark on top an lighter on his sides to. I have my dogs on blue buffalo wilderness its grain free an its a six star food they are doing a lot better than they were on blue buffalo basics on that they were. 4 to 5 times a day an now they only go twice a day It's much better he's not itchy like he was but I think his tear stains got worse for some reason but good luck with your new bully I'm sure you will do the very best for him
    Last edited by loveabully; 10-10-2012 at 01:08 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads